Reverb Recommendation?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote:My recommendation is to get them all.:hihi:
That would be my advice, too ! :hyper: :clap:

Simply buy EVERYTHING and you'll have - at any given point in time - the BEST there is !...

:hihi:

Joke aside... these kind of questions lends themselves to a disaster (for the question maker). there is absolutely no way to methodically and scientifically decide which is "the best". one (revered) reverb might shine on certain material while extracting a "MEH" on other material. and there are SO MANY reverbs out there. I something ponder the notion of having one HW reverb just for the sake of not having to deal with endless and tiresome comparisons (ahhh... that bloody word :dog: :roll:)

Simply buy according to depth of your pockets. Valhalla is a good place to start (not least because there are TONS of free presets for them out there - Sampleconstruct's are the most notable, IMO - which extends and leverage their capabilities to no end) but you can catch terrific deals on the way at any given time (eg. Lexicon, Eventide etc.)
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

I'm surprised that there is not more love for Breverb 2. It often seems to be omitted from 'top ten' articles as well. It is one of my two go to reverbs. The two being B2 Aether & Overloud Breverb 2. Aether sounds lush, but can be a bit heavy on CPU. I can get Breverb to be pretty close to Aether in most cases, with a bit of tweaking. Breverb is so insanely low on CPU, it amazes me how they get such quality at such a low CPU cost.

Just picked up Waves H-Reverb.
Better then expected and capable of some fine verbs...

any old reverb. if your music production skills are good, it doesn't really matter.
even freeverb2 or tal reverb2, 3 or 4. will do.

people that fork out wads of cash for the most expensive plugs SUCK
at producing music so they try to buy the so called "best" of everything
when in reality they are just buying the newest and getting ripped off.
lots of older and free stuff out there that still does the job well.

what i will recommend is a good spatial enhancer. (stereo widener)

want proof? listen close..... no evantide, no valhalla no BS. just
freeverb impulser2 and good production,
https://soundcloud.com/layzerkvr/ramirez-gothica
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

:scared:

I agree you can do a lot with free or stock reverbs. In 2007 I did this with just an acoustic guitar and the FL Studio stock reverb.

https://sorashima.bandcamp.com/track/th ... estruction

But I disagree that buying expensive reverb plugins is compensating for being a sh*t musician/producer. What's with the 'tude, dude!

No freebie will ever go where Zynaptiq Adaptiverb takes you or provide the GUI and visual feedback of FabFilter Pro-R.

Fleer wrote:No freebie will ever go where Zynaptiq Adaptiverb takes you or provide the GUI and visual feedback of FabFilter Pro-R.
what, this? meh, the example i posted sounds just as good or better.
like i said, its in the production.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ662nMcLXI

MogwaiBoy wrote:I agree you can do a lot with free or stock reverbs
But I disagree that buying expensive reverb plugins is compensating for being a sh*t musician/producer. What's with the 'tude, dude!
no, if you knew what you were doing you could produce
great sounding tracks without spending money on
overpriced effects. no "tude", just facts , dude.

layzer wrote: what, this? meh, the example i posted sounds just as good or better.
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: Adaptiverb is one of the nicest sounding reverb you can get it's one of those reverb's you don't notice until you remove it then something is missing, big time... Never found a freebie that comes even close so please ...Then there is all the sound mangling it's capable of, utterly brilliant piece of software.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

shroom81 wrote:
layzer wrote: what, this? meh, the example i posted sounds just as good or better.
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: Adaptiverb is one of the nicest sounding reverb you can get it's one of those reverb's you don't notice until you remove it then something is missing, big time... Never found a freebie that comes even close so please ...Then there is all the sound mangling it's capable of, utterly brilliant piece of software.
of course, having not much things in common with a so called conventional reverb unit, they are harmonized rendering in real-time that are inherent to the peculiar technology

as a methaphor : "Convergent evolution" ...i would say !

Well, since I started out in this thread, I've changed my mind, so whatever works for you (for the time being) :hihi:

Return to “Effects”