Alchemy (windows) - using a pirated version for commercial tracks?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks,
After Alchemy was abandoned...
I really tried to contact Ben to ask, if he can give me Alchemy for a lower price...but I never reached him.

So what you guys think about if I use a pirated version for a commercial track...will they put me in prison, or will they demand a huge amount of money to punish me?
BTW all my other Plugins are free or I bought them!!

I don't believe Ben can do anything for you as Camel Audio was acquired by Apple and now holds the copyright of Alchemy.

Maybe you should look at Omnisphere 2, which I guess is the closest you get without purchasing a Mac and Logic Pro?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Used iMac + Mainstage = cost of Omnisphere.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

How on earth somebody could verify what you paid for or not when listening to a track? Nonsense thread.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

akira wrote: So what you guys think about if I use a pirated version for a commercial track...will they put me in prison, or will they demand a huge amount of money to punish me?
:hihi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enrvvZWxMGM
<List your stupid gear here>

Follow the link for instructions of how to download a free and legal emulator, which will allow you to download Garageband and hence Alchemy for Free Legally on a PC.

http://garagebandpc.org/

This will give you access to the Alchemy sounds without being locked up. A workaround made with bits of old string I'll grant you but a workaround none the less.

devilnishy wrote:Follow the link for instructions of how to download a free and legal emulator, which will allow you to download Garageband and hence Alchemy for Free Legally on a PC.

This will give you access to the Alchemy sounds without being locked up. A workaround made with bits of old string I'll grant you but a workaround none the less.
And how would this be legal again?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote:
devilnishy wrote:Follow the link for instructions of how to download a free and legal emulator, which will allow you to download Garageband and hence Alchemy for Free Legally on a PC.

And how would this be legal again?
It's the free Garageband for iOs, nothing special. The Alchemy is a 150 preset version player or whatever, not worth to compare. :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

This thread is border line concerning the forum rules. And it's borderline concerning intelligence. :D

Borderline? He's essentially just trying to find out if he will get punished, clearly there is no actual ethical impediment. This is a crack supporters thread and as such is outside the rules.

You would think a 13 year member of this forum would know better.

Hope his ass gets tossed out of here.

As said nonsense thread. The whole question is stupid as shit. :)

aMUSEd wrote:Borderline? He's essentially just trying to find out if he will get punished, clearly there is no actual ethical impediment.
TBH, someone over 16 should know that you won't get immediately arrested for pirating a software. And, as murnau pointed out, how would people know that you used a pirated software in your tracks anyway? It's not like there's a watermark screaming "I GOT PIRATED!!" in there somewhere. Anyway, i'll rest my case. It still wasn't very smart.

Why not buy Computer Music magazine and use AlchemyCM?

chk071 wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Borderline? He's essentially just trying to find out if he will get punished, clearly there is no actual ethical impediment.
TBH, someone over 16 should know that you won't get immediately arrested for pirating a software. And, as murnau pointed out, how would people know that you used a pirated software in your tracks anyway? It's not like there's a watermark screaming "I GOT PIRATED!!" in there somewhere. Anyway, i'll rest my case. It still wasn't very smart.
I agree, but it's not really the point. Most people here don't use cracks not due to fear of punishment but because it's just a shitty and selfish thing to do. You would think someone who has been a member for so long would know that and respect the feeling of the community.

Return to “Instruments”