1968 Part 7

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gone
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

always a pleasure!

I love the flute intro and the vibe of it all.
Not sure about the vocal lead, I don't generally like that type of singing. But...can you get those kind of vocals from a library....? o_o

Jesse Gorter wrote:always a pleasure!

I love the flute intro and the vibe of it all.
Not sure about the vocal lead, I don't generally like that type of singing. But...can you get those kind of vocals from a library....? o_o
Thank you!

The vocal at around the 2:00 mark is a series of three samples, heavily edited using Cubase's audiowarp thing. The singing is all very micro-tonal, so I had to shift some notes up/down for them to fit.
The vocal at around the 5:00 mark is from EW Voices of Passion library, specifically the Syrian voice. You can't "play" the Syrian voice, it just a bunch of unrelated phrases spread across the keyboard. I rarely use it!
The Bulgarian voice in VOP, on the otherhand is very usable, and can be "played".

The male voices - samples, re-tuned again, to fit.

The biggest problem using these samples is that, while they (sometimes!) tell you the key they're in, they never give you the scale! :dog:

I listened to the long version. I enjoyed this meditation music, especially the vocals. I didn't recogize the "mangeled" song in the middle. I saw Ravi Shankar in with George Harrison in Seattle but I don't think TM was very big in the North West. Maybe California.

I was checking out your picture with the cute hippie girl. I see about four guys meditating on her but they don't see the animal lying down she's apparently with. lol

:tu:

fastlanephil wrote:I listened to the long version. I enjoyed this meditation music, especially the vocals. I didn't recogize the "mangeled" song in the middle. I saw Ravi Shankar in with George Harrison in Seattle but I don't think TM was very big in the North West. Maybe California.

I was checking out your picture with the cute hippie girl. I see about four guys meditating on her but they don't see the animal lying down she's apparently with. lol

The long version, eh? Brave man! :D

Perhaps I mangled that snippet too much. It's just a 10-second snatch. Here it is...
America - The Nice
I actually bought this when it wes released. :scared: Still playing it.

TM was big for about 3 minutes in '68 when George Harrison dragged the rest of (the) The Beatles to India for a few weeks, along with Donovan, Mia Farrow, and maybe a couple of others.

I think the girl is worth meditating upon - but don't tell the wife I said that!

The Eastern bit was for me.
I did listen to the full version yesterday. I didn't notice 'America', thought I heard a snippet of a Moody Blues tune in there, shit now I forgot what song. :dog: I picked up 'The Nice' live lp 'Elegy' at that time...monster performances!(America) You did a good job with all of this. Lots of work.

I took the TM course here in the Northeast US maybe 72-73. TM is a good simple technique. I used to do the 2x20mins a day and you could fire off stick of dynamite under my foot and I wouldn't flinch. I stopped it long ago, i'm sorry I did, i'm a anxious mess.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

I hadn't heard that Nice song in many years, but I recognised it instantly, even though it only lasted a few seconds. I think I recognised some parts of this track from the first part in the series too, so maybe my memory ain't so shabby as I suspected it might be. I thought this worked as entertainment, and it has quite a strong Prog DNA coursing through its veins.

Good work :)

btw, I couldn't find my copy of Dancers at the End of Time. Neither of the bookshops in town had any Moorcock, so I had to order online. It arrived today :)

Enjoyed the full track. Love the start with the trippy TM stuff... The sitar sounds pretty cool. Lots of nice synthy sounds...
The drone with the "flute" and vocals is lovely.
Like the build in the middle bit... Nice oriental chords and great organ. Yes noticed 'America' but I had already read other comments... ;)
The bass at 8:30 reminds me of floyd...
Guitar is very tasty here.
Bit of Kashmir I think at 10:00 - most welcome though...
Nice finish.
Great trip with a lot of top moments, thanks for sharing!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

annode wrote:The Eastern bit was for me.
I did listen to the full version yesterday. I didn't notice 'America', thought I heard a snippet of a Moody Blues tune in there, shit now I forgot what song. :dog: I picked up 'The Nice' live lp 'Elegy' at that time...monster performances!(America) You did a good job with all of this. Lots of work.

I took the TM course here in the Northeast US maybe 72-73. TM is a good simple technique. I used to do the 2x20mins a day and you could fire off stick of dynamite under my foot and I wouldn't flinch. I stopped it long ago, i'm sorry I did, i'm a anxious mess.
Thanks, Annode.
The whole 1968 series only exists because of The Moody Blues. In particular, In Search Of The Lost Chord, with the mellotrons, woodwinds, and on Om, the Indian instruments. I literally played my first copy to death and had to buy another! So it comes as no surprise that there is a hint of them here, albeit unconscious. :tu:

seismic1 wrote:I hadn't heard that Nice song in many years, but I recognised it instantly, even though it only lasted a few seconds. I think I recognised some parts of this track from the first part in the series too, so maybe my memory ain't so shabby as I suspected it might be. I thought this worked as entertainment, and it has quite a strong Prog DNA coursing through its veins.

Good work :)

btw, I couldn't find my copy of Dancers at the End of Time. Neither of the bookshops in town had any Moorcock, so I had to order online. It arrived today :)
Thanks for listening! Yes, it's all begining to sound the same - I'm running out of ways to regurgitate the same tune! :D
Seriously, one more and it's on to something else for a while. :tu:

Allomerus wrote:Enjoyed the full track. Love the start with the trippy TM stuff... The sitar sounds pretty cool. Lots of nice synthy sounds...
The drone with the "flute" and vocals is lovely.
Like the build in the middle bit... Nice oriental chords and great organ. Yes noticed 'America' but I had already read other comments... ;)
The bass at 8:30 reminds me of floyd...
Guitar is very tasty here.
Bit of Kashmir I think at 10:00 - most welcome though...
Nice finish.
Great trip with a lot of top moments, thanks for sharing!
:)
Thanks, Allomerus.
The bass - are you thinking of "Careful With that Axe, Eugene"? I was one of the few people that bought "Point Me At The Sky", only to discover the B-side was an instrumental that included someone screaming their head off! Even more awesome (I can't believe I just used that word :dog: ) live.

Return to “Music Cafe”