WARNING before updating Maschine...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

got an email about a new Maschine update (2.65). Updated on my mac and now Logic won't validate it, Ableton 8 won't see it, and it crashes before it opens in stand alone mode.

I'm just giving a warning that you might want to wait a few days before updating to they get it together.

update: looking at the native instruments site, it seems to effect mac os 10.9.5

thanks for the warning

My main complaint about NI currently is how much spam they send out about Traktor and other junk regardless of mail settings, so I wind up blocking it all and not getting update notices.

This seems like a pretty significant update with the new view and all. Not quite the thing I felt was missing from it as a "real DAW" but maybe useful.

I have updated to 2.6.5. (Windows 10, Ableton Live 9.7.2). The standalone seems to have the new features (reports as 2.6.5 (R101)) but running the VST in Live seems to be the old version (reports 2.6.1 (R79)) and does not have the ideas view,

I have uninstalled Maschine and checked that the VST is removed from my plugins folder and then reinstalled but the result is the same.

Anyone else have this? Any suggestions?

Check if you're using a custom folder for VSTs. Make sure you don't have any extra shortcuts hanging around.

Thanks dannyhawaii! I had a copy of the .dll in a sub folder of my main VST folder. Deleted it and reinstalled - working fine now. Must learn to be tidier with my installs.

Appreciated!

Hey, glad I could help. I've been caught the same way in the past so it rang a bell.

Return to “Instruments”