Zappa - what a tight music arranger

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not engaging in an argument with you.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

jancivil wrote: FZ has a lot of very emotion-bringing music and frankly when any of us decides we know about things we have yet to even experience we're making a mistake and it's not one to be too proud of.
And he bitched about this being condescending. That's not what that word means either, actually.
I used the word 'we' rather than 'you' to include myself as someone who might make or has made that mistake. "shrug"

Hink wrote:I'm not engaging in an argument with you.
You have already done. And doubled down on it.
So I stated my thought about it, now you want to use that and some word to portray me in that light. Which itself is argumentative. But does this mean you'll stop now?

Hink wrote:it's not trolling at all, Bombadil was just sharing how he felt, said nothing out of line and honestly I think such threads as these do well with respectfully stated contrasting opinions. If Bombadil were to jump on everything Zappa by hating on him with every post he could that would be trolling. That is not the case at all, in fact he started out by saying he was hesitant to post in this thread, that's more of a concern imo as he should feel free to post how he feels as well as long as it's done within the rules of the forum, which his post was.
+1

Numanoid wrote:Night School is one of my fav Zappa 'choons, very different from his other stuff, but still got his signature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGmKwC8T1lI
Thanks for that. 3rd post of this piece in the thread but HEY

one could pick all kind of thing out and say 'different than the other stuff'.
similar to this is One Man, One Vote on "Frank Zappa Meets the Mothers of Prevention".

this is a work of genius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-36jlEYF3o

Boulez later decided to have his group do it, and record it; reportedly FZ did not like it.
I don't know, that's second-hand journalism or something. But I can imagine thinking 'what has he done, and WHY', because this seems definitive if there is such a thing.

This is the real deal.

jancivil wrote:Thanks for that. 3rd post of this piece in the thread but HEY
I searched for night in the thread, but got no hits about this track.

If only users could state the name of the track, instead of just posting youtube vids :pray:

The whole album, Pierre Boulez Conducts Frank Zappa: The Perfect Stranger (1984), is really worth listening. Did Zappa like that or not, I fancy a lot. :)

Harry_HH wrote:Did Zappa like that or not, I fancy a lot. :)
He saved up to pay for it, so really do hope he enjoyed it.

This is incredible.
Much of this thread, just like Zappa, is full of shit, but if he has more stuff like above, I kinda get the point about his talent.

.jon wrote:This is incredible.
.jon, seeing that you are a resident of Helsinki.

You are aware of the classic Helsinki show?

No, I will check that out. I'm trying to get a feel of his music inspired by this thread, and trying to get deeper than his pretentious, naive wankery... with moderate success I must say. Guess I just don't enjoy his sense of humour, but apparently he is well capable of beautiful too.

Harry_HH wrote:The whole album, Pierre Boulez Conducts Frank Zappa: The Perfect Stranger (1984), is really worth listening. Did Zappa like that or not, I fancy a lot. :)
I don't know, I remember something about he didn't.

Here's something:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2TtC1LtmFY
The melody {...not Pierre Boulez, he's not here, he never was."} is the main one from The Perfect Stranger.

Numanoid wrote:
jancivil wrote:Thanks for that. 3rd post of this piece in the thread but HEY
I searched for night in the thread, but got no hits about this track.

If only users could state the name of the track, instead of just posting youtube vids :pray:
I could be wrong! LOL
It seems like there was a post of the original, then I posted the Ensemble Modern rendition. I don't think I dreamed it but I'm losing my mind, so

this, from the answering machine compilation:

https://youtu.be/8wTeBPeg5AE?t=3m59s

doesn't seem to have placed it anywhere, I hope I'm wrong and can be corrected
one of my very favorite bits

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”