Tokyo Dawn Records rereleases OD DeEdger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OD DeEdger

djscorb wrote:KVR at it's lamest :(
Well it's thrown up a new contender for World's Stupidest Reason For Not Using Something" - "I won't use it or anything else from this developer because I don't like one of the beta testers". It's easily surpassed "interface too flat" or "I don't like the logo".

The worst and most embarrassing thread I've ever read. Both parties hater and lover are a shame. I'm sorry to the developer.
rabbit in a hole

Some people have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands here. I'd rather be making music than writing pages of nonsense on a forum.

Back to the plugin:
Try it. If you like it, buy it. If not, don't.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

some people also appear to be hell bent on trying to get a rise out of certain other people in any way imaginable (straw men, personality attacks, etc.), and then complain when they do get pissed off. that's gotta be worse.
Last edited by Burillo on Tue May 30, 2017 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

djscorb wrote:Hard edges at the onset of transients is where this processor gets to work, and as such can do a far better job of taking the annoying click off drums and percussion, tame an overly clcky hihat, soften a knocky kick etc etc.
So, essentially, this is a type of de-clicker like I said much earlier in the thread? I've used Izotopes to do exactly the same thing over whole mixes before. Just a touch and it can soften everything very nicely.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

After some testing my conclusion is that this is yet another plugin that claims to be using some groundbreaking new technology, while it really is nothing more than a combination of a transient shaper and a de-esser.

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I wonder since a long time why Compyfox do not get banned for a month or so ????
He periodical wrote pages of nonsense and dogmatism.
rabbit in a hole

Autobot wrote:I wonder since a long time why Compyfox do not get banned for a month or so ????
C'mon...I respect his knowledge and experience, anyway. Let's not be biased.
We all have stinging opinions, sometimes, some of us more often than others.
You can have your subjective likings and dislikings, that's OK.
Trolling/reason to get banned is totally something else. This is how I see it.

Hard to hear what's happening with the talking on top (to me)

1wob2many wrote:While I admit it wasn't my best attempt, you do realise I was trying to give you my support don't you?
I am fully aware of that. And it gave me a good chuckle regardless. So thanks for that.

1wob2many wrote:
murnau wrote:It was the other way around. You should read Compyfox entry post not starting in the middle.
I did, but I'm beginning to see what the problem is here...

...Everybody!

(Including me)
Nah... don't be ridiculous! The problem is obviously me - and me alone. :roll:

djscorb wrote:I'm a beta tester. I don't get paid and don't get the plugin for free either, so the whiners should stfu.
Great commentary! :hihi: :clap:

Gamma-UT wrote:
djscorb wrote:KVR at it's lamest :(
Well it's thrown up a new contender for World's Stupidest Reason For Not Using Something" - "I won't use it or anything else from this developer because I don't like one of the beta testers". It's easily surpassed "interface too flat" or "I don't like the logo".
Agreed... sadly.

Burillo wrote:some people also appear to be hell bent on trying to get a rise out of certain other people in any way imaginable (straw men, personality attacks, etc.), and then complain when they do get pissed off. that's gotta be worse.
If by "complain" you mean "resort to petty insults" as opt out - then yes, I'm inclined to agree.

Vortifex wrote:Why did you address that rant at me? Where in my post is anything that remotely justifies what you said in reply?
I don't know?

Maybe the way you wrote the post or how it was attached to the whole thing triggered the (admittedly) outburst... However considering that you did not(!) go into "let's fling some sh*t" mode" (like certain users in here) tells me that you were definitely more on the "meh, so what... I'll shrug it off" side of things.

Autobot wrote:I wonder since a long time why Compyfox do not get banned for a month or so ????
File a complaint towards the mods/admins. Red circle with "!" in it, top right of my posts. I explained this a couple of posts ago. This is why this feature is existing. If this isn't enough - start a petition in Site Stuff, have valid arguments. Then this might happen.

I do hope this will put your mind at ease though and you're clean with your conscience...

Because it's always cool to "ban" those people that you consider "a disturbing force", yet do not run out of arguments (after enough twisting and turning) and then resort to petty insults. While those that do, or those commenting out of the shadows with "yeah, it's about time he will be 'removed' from here" (you know who you are!) will not even get a smack on the fingers.

Think about that before you answer... or rather don't. This has been gone on long enough.
Use the report function if you still feel... er... "offended".

Back to the plugin indeed...
Reefius wrote:After some testing my conclusion is that this is yet another plugin that claims to be using some groundbreaking new technology, while it really is nothing more than a combination of a transient shaper and a de-esser.
We can definitely argue about the way this plugin is presented (on both the shop and in the manual). But I don't see where it "claims to be groundbreaking new technology". In fact, also see this post by the developer himself:

viewtopic.php?p=6793588#p6793588

Those that at least "know" some basics how certain tools work, will easily realize what might be going on under the hood. However, the only person that can confirm or deny your findings, is the developer himself.

What are you trying to achieve with this commentary other than a very vague "plugin is not for me, moving on" (which could have been just that as well, btw)?

do_androids_dream wrote:
djscorb wrote:Hard edges at the onset of transients is where this processor gets to work, and as such can do a far better job of taking the annoying click off drums and percussion, tame an overly clcky hihat, soften a knocky kick etc etc.
So, essentially, this is a type of de-clicker like I said much earlier in the thread? I've used Izotopes to do exactly the same thing over whole mixes before. Just a touch and it can soften everything very nicely.
I'm not the dev, but I'd say the two tools are complete different concepts.

A de-clicker (IMO) usually looks for <10ms "noise pattern" and then tries to completely blend it out. In case of DeEdger, you have more control (considering only the limited amount of knobs and buttons), it's more "subtle" and not just "cutting away" signal and try to re-create from what has been around it.

Uhm... yeah... hard to explain for me.

If a de-clicker does work for you, and is better for the needed task at hand, then use it. That's the beauty of this market. But as I said, I don't think you can really compare these tools with each other.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I'm done arguing with this attention seeking fanboy. Enough is enough. His opinion is the only one that matters and all the rest should just STFU....

It keeps reminding me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqSTXuJeTks
:D

djscorb wrote:I'm a beta tester. I don't get paid and don't get the plugin for free either, so the whiners should stfu.

Maybe we can go back to talking about the plugin now? This thread has currently gone to the dogs and isn't helping anyone.

KVR at it's lamest :(

Cheers

Scorb

Yeah I was a beta tester too. For Emagic during the Audiowerk 8 system and I did just that; tested and reported back to Emagic. I did not go around posting biased statements for them like a corporate shill. In fact, doing that the frowned upon by Emagic.

Reefius wrote:I'm done arguing with this attention seeking fanboy. Enough is enough. His opinion is the only one that matters and all the rest should just STFU....
Right... :roll:

You're done with sh*tting on the developer yet?

First you're firing against the price, then you're stating "why should I even buy the plugin, if I can continue using the demo forever" (implying warez usage - not allowed on KVR btw, and super shitty move towards the dev), then constantly saying "this is nothing special" and casually somewhere in between the lines "I'm not even using it, neither will I - why should I care - I'm just here for the lulz".

And last but not least, ultimately finger pointing and insulting... because you've been called out for your shenanigans.

You, sir, win the internetz. :clap:

Reefius wrote:It keeps reminding me of this:
:D
Oh... and old internet meme... haven't seen that one in a while.
If you think that applies to me - whatever floats your boat. Britney had the one or another well produced-for-her song, but never really liked that old Disney "House of Mouse" dropout.

And oh... somebody is back for more, I see.
JJ_Jettflow wrote:Yeah I was a beta tester too. For Emagic during the Audiowerk 8 system and I did just that; tested and reported back to Emagic. I did not go around posting biased statements for them like a corporate shill. In fact, doing that the frowned upon by Emagic.
I'd slowly start to take a step back with your snoot attitude and your borderline insults... not only is this getting old, but this is starting to scratch libel (and stalking!) at this point. The only person that can say that I'm a so called "shill" at this moment in time, is the developer and the developer alone. And according to my mail from 5am earlier today, I'm not.

You still hang yourself up that I'm a beta tester for Tokyo Dawn Labs / Olhorst Digital. On me, and only me alone - while completely ignoring: bmanic, Hermetech Mastering (the only person that said right from the start "I've tested!"), EvilDragon, among others (that might use different names on KVR Audio than what they're listed at in the "beta list". You even pat djscorb on the back, while previously stating "beta testers have to STFU" (paraphrasing)

You obviously don't like my posts, neither my personality - we've been made aware of that in various forms - more than once! We get it - "I" get it. Apparently, this also ultimately makes me (and only me, see paragraph above) "not qualified" to talk in this thread. Or any threads on KVR Audio for that matter, since anyone that seems to have more in-depth knowledge about a tool, is automatically a "shill", a "decoy", a "sockpuppet", a "spokesperson for a company". (see my topics on metering tools - I'm being a "shill" alright)

According to that definition, nobody is allowed to talk about the topic, or on this forum, but the developers and people that were never ever involved or financially invested (including the current existing userbase purchasing tools) in this plugin/company.

This... is seriously messed up.
And you constantly twist and turn your "opinion" how you seem that it fits to your narrative.

Didn't you lose interest in these two companies just because of me?
Did you file complaints yet at both KVR and the company I've obviously "damaged"?

What about your initiative to "force beta testers to always reveal their status on KVR audio"? - you didn't kick that off in Site Stuff either. Oh sorry - that's the job by the Beta Tester as a "warning" for everyone that the following lines are "advertisement". Sorry, my mistake.

Tell you what - you're only "talk", but no action. You hide behind an alias, shooting from the back seat - since it's save there. If we talk about sock puppets, you'd fit perfectly into that spot.

Now can we PLEASE get back to talking about the plugin?!
Which some of us TRIED to do for a couple of pages at this point?

THANK YOU!
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

What a grace the "foes" list is ... thanks KVR
rabbit in a hole

Return to “Effects”