TDR Limiter 6 GE - Released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR Limiter 6 GE

Tp3 wrote:CPU here is horrendous at 48% on an RME9632 with 256 samples latency (ancient CPU, yes. QC 9550. but other processors work...)
Hardware upgrade alert! :party:

There are so many reasons why I love this plugin... The compressor sounds huge, the limiter sounds very different -fatter I'd say- from my favourite ones (Elephant for clean sound and Limitless for clear loud sound), the clipper is the first clipper I really love, the LUFS meter, the high frequency limiter, the PCM ceiling...

I'm simply blown away...

I sure love DMG Audio Limitless with all my heart, but this one has a totally different flavour and should be tried even if you're convinced Limitless is all you need.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

martinjuenke wrote:
Tp3 wrote:CPU here is horrendous at 48% on an RME9632 with 256 samples latency (ancient CPU, yes. QC 9550. but other processors work...)
Hardware upgrade alert! :party:
Arggggg :dog:

:scared:

You Am Right 8)
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3, we had a few reports mentioning unreasonable CPU load on certain mac system, and under certain conditions (e.g. extreme load after reopening a previously removed plugin instance). We are currently searching for the bottleneck and will patch it asap. It's possible that you ran into the same problem, can you pls send us a quick bug report here, just for the books?

http://www.tokyodawn.net/fill-a-bug-report/
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Done
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Really like the sound of the compressor! :tu:

No true-peak limiting ? :?

Setting ECO mode made the CPU use more bearable, but it is quite heavy.

Endor-8o8 wrote:No true-peak limiting ? :?
It has, yes, a true peak limiter.

camsr wrote:Setting ECO mode made the CPU use more bearable, but it is quite heavy.
Yes I've been using ECO mostly so far. Using the same modules as the original Limiter 6, it uses a lot more CPU (even in ECO). It's sounds very good though!

Congrats on the release guys!

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Johnny Blade wrote:
Didn't see any mention of it...Must have missed it.

Endor-8o8 wrote:
Johnny Blade wrote:
Didn't see any mention of it...Must have missed it.
RTFM! :dog:

I did it and didn't see anything about True Peak limiting mode. I'll take another look... I ain't stupid, no need for face-palm, thanks.

Return to “Effects”