[Electro Dub] S-B-J - Slow Up

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My initial intentions with this track was somewhat different, but then I doubled the drums with BreakTweaker and suddenly it got a "dub" feeling. I just went with the flow and this is how it ended up.

All main synths are Ace from u-he.

https://soundcloud.com/sbj67/s-b-j-slow-up
Last edited by sbj on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Robo-reggae :) Nice playful sci-fi tune.
The beat feels just too merciless, too cold and hard in this dub/reggae environment to me.
The BreakTweaker IDM additions work good however.

hyp wrote:Robo-reggae :) Nice playful sci-fi tune.
The beat feels just too merciless, too cold and hard in this dub/reggae environment to me.
The BreakTweaker IDM additions work good however.
Thanks for listening and your opinion. I can see why it may be too cold and hard compared to more traditional dub/reggae but it doesn't bother me personally 'cause I want it to be somewhat "weird".

Cheers
Sound C loud
Band C amp

This was less frenetic than your usual tracks. I enjoyed the dub feel and the inventive sound design. The mix was perfect. Perhaps it could use a simple lead melody to tie it all together.

Good stuff! :tu:

Frantz wrote:This was less frenetic than your usual tracks. I enjoyed the dub feel and the inventive sound design. The mix was perfect. Perhaps it could use a simple lead melody to tie it all together.

Good stuff! :tu:
You're right. I am a little bit out of my comfort zone with this track when it comes to the style, but I'm very glad that you found it enjoyable.

What is this thing called melody? I hear people talk about all the time :lol:

Cheers :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp

You must be hitting the big time. The play count on this track has gone up by 17000 in the last 45 minutes, and I only played it 3 times. The "hard" sounding percussion may not be typical for dub/reggae, but I thought it was a good fit in this context. Great mix, and I'll try to take another listen at the weekend when I should be able to crank it up (and dance without witnesses).

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:You must be hitting the big time. The play count on this track has gone up by 17000 in the last 45 minutes, and I only played it 3 times. The "hard" sounding percussion may not be typical for dub/reggae, but I thought it was a good fit in this context. Great mix, and I'll try to take another listen at the weekend when I should be able to crank it up (and dance without witnesses).

Good work :)
Thanks for listening Tim :tu:

All the numbers on this particular track are "fake". I am trying a little experiment to see if higher numbers will attract more people.
After 4 years on SoundCloud I can count maybe 10-20 real followers like yourself and Frantz but the rest is somewhat just there. So I thought why not pump up the numbers to see what happens. Maybe nothing will happen but at least I will be an experience wiser.

Cheers
Sound C loud
Band C amp

Return to “Music Cafe”