"A Gni Ra » collaboration with a Singer from Guinea-Konakry

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, here a song made in collaboration with a Women from Manding culture, singing in Soussou language from Guinea Conakry

Her name is Macire Sylla, and she was and she’s still famous in her country and around in western-africa
She had to turn a page in her life, and so this music is somewhat of a new style for her

Macire Sylla : https://soundcloud.com/perbuatan1883/a-gni-ra

Something about the vocal effects and the big, syncopated kick make this track hypnotic, almost psychedelic. Very cool. What does the title mean?

well ...as far as i remember, something like "i got you" in Soussou language (one of the main ethnia of the country, from the atlantic coast of Guinea-Konakry)

Let say she is an inspired vocalist , well-experienced of the stage with a strong sense of improvisation, so many sound takes of here voice are spontaneously varying in melodic line and lyrics ! ...so she's perhaps lacking in making her own arrangement structurally, and very likely , her way to compose is based on local traditionnal music and instruments

This is a great collaboration. The electronic arrangement fits her voice like a glove. I just wish you hadn't squashed this track with a brickwall limiter.

Excellent! :tu:

Frantz wrote:This is a great collaboration. The electronic arrangement fits her voice like a glove. I just wish you hadn't squashed this track with a brickwall limiter.

Excellent! :tu:
Thanks for the compliments, so you might suggest undirectly that the overall work of compression should have been more transparent and perhaps reduced ?

...that make sense as far as i can judge, the whole can sound a bit overcrowded sometimes and might benefit of slightly less density, i will consider the idea a bit closer, likely with a more detailed and more focused choice of discreet compressors to light the job on the final limiting stage and probably achieve an alternative version, thanks !

Return to “Music Cafe”