The Synthmaster 3 Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trancit wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:49 am So actually as SM3 loads the presets of the other versions it can replace all of the others is that correct??

Is there a reason to keep SM1 + 2 side by side to SM3??
Yes it can replace them. Right now it loads 99% of the presets correctly, but there might be slight sound differences in some of them. I removed the 2D Envelope and also the "inside" mode for filter distortion, so SM2 presets that features those won't sound the same (there are a couple of those in our factory+expansion banks)

SM3 see the factory/expansion presets of SM1 / SM2 only if they are installed. So you'd better keep them :)

Also, in SM3 there are 64 user assignable host parameters (the number if fixed, the first 16 are assigned to macros/xy pads). So, parameter automation is not compatible with SM1 / SM2.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Thank you!

Shaping up to be a wonderful synth. Pretty pretty good.

Fleer wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:03 am Pretty pretty good.
Are you a fan of Larry David? :D
Works at KV331 Audio

This really should be called the Synthmaster 3 "pre-release thread", or "beta thread" IMO.

No one wants to wade through 100 pages of people talking about the unfinished version of the synth after the full version is released. It's going to be very confusing for potential customers google searching to tell what is happening or what information is accurate. It's happened to me many times when looking for information about a product, and may have (very small) an effect on actual sales. There are probably some neurodivergent folks who spent an inordinate amount of time in a very specific thread are comforted by having a huge incongruous but linear mass of information all in the same spot, but for almost everyone else, megathreads that span pre-release/release/sometimes even new releases, are terrible.

briefcasemanx wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:23 am This really should be called the Synthmaster 3 "pre-release thread", or "beta thread" IMO.
Don't worry, I will start a new thread and this one will be locked once we reach beta status.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:33 am
briefcasemanx wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:23 am This really should be called the Synthmaster 3 "pre-release thread", or "beta thread" IMO.
Don't worry, I will start a new thread and this one will be locked once we reach beta status.
Do you have in mind any timeline?

Jac459 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:39 am Do you have in mind any timeline?
Once we prepare the factory sample library + add some factory presets + complete our first skin :)

Still have a couple of weeks to go, at least for the factory content.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:45 am
Jac459 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:39 am Do you have in mind any timeline?
Once we prepare the factory sample library + add some factory presets + complete our first skin :)

Still have a couple of weeks to go, at least for the factory content.
Great!

Hi guys, just uploaded the latest build on the server (Revision 14836)

This build has the "sliced loop playback" feature and critical bug fixes:

1. NEW: Added sliced loop playback feature
2. FIX: Popup dialogs require 2 clicks to close them
3. FIX: SynthMaster 3 might crash when reopening plugin window after changing the instrument type filter
4. FIX: SynthMaster 3 might crash when loading a custom waveform/wavetable/sfz
5. FIX: Sample waveform view scrollbar doesn't work

Cheers

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio

Development update: finally started working on preparing our factory sample library (which was previously edited by Gercek Dorman and Efe Aysal). This is gonna be really exciting! :hyper:

editing samples.jpg

Next week, I am hoping to release a new update with our plucked string instruments added to the factory library:

Electric Guitar (shown below)
Classical Guitar
Acoustic Guitar 1 & 2
Bass Guitar
Buzuki
Ud
Kanun
Santoor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio

I just installed the latest version and noticed the play icon that lets you preview presets before selecting them. Really cool feature. None of my other soft synths have that and I have a lot.
I also love how it progresses overall. Makes a very good impression so far. Already seems quite complete. Great work.

Hi guys, just released a new update for SynthMaster 3 (rev 14885). this update has factory samples for Plucked Strings:

Acoustic Guitar 1 & 2
Classical Guitar
Electric Guitar
Ud
Kanun
Santoor
Buzuki

sm3_sample_editor.jpg

Here's the changelog:

1. NEW: Added new multi-samples to factory library
2. NEW: Added save sfz+samples option to Sample Editor
3. NEW: Added new edit functions to Sample Editor (Detect Start Point, Detect End Point, Normalize Volume)
4. FIX: Phase modulation not working correctly for modulators that are added to other modulators
5. FIX: Slider control jumps out of value when clicked
6. FIX: SynthMaster 3 crashes when user tries to load a SynthMaster 2 preset without installing SynthMaster 2
7. FIX: SynthMaster 3 crashes when user tries to load a SynthMaster One preset without installing SynthMaster One
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio

I can't get the $29 upgrade from 2.9 to 3 — there's no place in the upgrade form on the Synthmaster site to enter my serial number. Is there a way around this? (I am logged in when I try to upgrade)

You can buy the upgrade on the product page: https://www.kv331audio.com/synthmaster3.aspx

As long as you use the same email you bought SM2 with, you don't need to enter your serial number.

Return to “Instruments”