The Synthmaster 3 Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, after a long break, here's the latest update for SynthMaster 3: Revision 14982. With this update, we are getting really close to a beta. We still have more skins/presets/samples and also the demo version to add before declaring "beta" status (hopefuly in 2 weeks!)

SM3 Tranquil Blue Skin.jpg

Here's the change log:

1. NEW: Added default Tranquil Blue skin
2. NEW: Added "Separate sliced wave files into multiple regions" functionality to sample editor
3. NEW: Added "Bass Guitar" to factory sample library
3. FIX: Multiline textbox values are not updated correctly
4. FIX: SynthMaster 3 crashes when user deletes som layers in a multi-layer preset and loads it back later
5. FIX: SynthMaster 3 doesn't load preset headers correctly
6. FIX: When Zoom ratio is set to "Off" for Waveform Spectrum view, the display is not correct
7. FIX: When cubic is chosen for wavetable interpolation type, wavetable data is not calculated correctly
8. FIX: Wave index parameter doesn't change when user clicks on a wavetable keyframe
9. FIX: Sample transpose parameter has not effect
10.FIX: Factory sample volumes should be normalized
11.FIX: Waveforms are not refreshed when user updates a waveform
12.FIX: Wavetables are not refreshed when user updates a wavetable
13.FIX: Multi-samples are not refreshed when user updates a multi-sample

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

In Cubase 13 (Windows 11) this latest version has skyrocketed the CPU consumption, the previous one consumed nothing. I have tested in Studio One 6 and this DAW does not have this problem. I have tested the vst3 version

Will the beta include granular synthesis?

ecasasmusic2 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:06 pm Will the beta include granular synthesis?
I am afraid not. I am hoping to add that either before the official release or in our v3.1 update.
Works at KV331 Audio

Hi guys, another update for SynthMaster 3 (rev 14990). Has critical bug fixes:

1. FIX: SynthMaster 3 freezes when user assigns a modulation source more than once to a parameter
2. FIX: SynthMaster 3 might crash when user switches a preset and presses a modulation source button
3. FIX: SynthMaster 3 might crash when a VA Oscillator is running with the following settings: Engine Quality = Best, Engine Buffer Size = XLarge
4. FIX: Wavetable is not updated correctly when Window Length parameter of the file source is changed
5. FIX: Saving global midi mappings corrupts SynthMaster 3 config file
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:18 pm Hi guys, another update for SynthMaster 3 (rev 14990). Has critical bug fixes:

1. FIX: SynthMaster 3 freezes when user assigns a modulation source more than once to a parameter
2. FIX: SynthMaster 3 might crash when user switches a preset and presses a modulation source button
3. FIX: SynthMaster 3 might crash when a VA Oscillator is running with the following settings: Engine Quality = Best, Engine Buffer Size = XLarge
4. FIX: Wavetable is not updated correctly when Window Length parameter of the file source is changed
5. FIX: Saving global midi mappings corrupts SynthMaster 3 config file
Thanks heaps 👍😀
Btw; how far are we to see release candidate?
Seems near perfecto now 😀

kv331 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:15 am
Held wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:29 pm Would be nice if normal modulation would work in Bitwig correctly. As it is, the parameter settings can get messed up when you open the GUI while Bitwig's modulation is active.
I think I found an easy solution to this issue: Right now the parameter/midi cc smoothing is always on, the duration starts from 10 ms. I will change that to 0 -> and in case of zero the smoothing will be bypassed :)

will be in the next build.
I tried the latest version (Rev 14990) and it's still not working in Bitwig. I tired setting the parameter and cc lag to 0ms, but it didn't make a difference.

I would appreciate it if you could find a solution.

Held wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:25 pm
I tried the latest version (Rev 14990) and it's still not working in Bitwig. I tired setting the parameter and cc lag to 0ms, but it didn't make a difference.

Did you change the global setting or preset setting? If global setting is not "Preset", the global setting is used.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:32 am
Held wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:25 pm

Did you change the global setting or preset setting? If global setting is not "Preset", the global setting is used.
I had set both to 0ms to be safe. It's so weird that SynthMaster does this. None of my other synths behave that way.

Are you maybe reporting all parameter values to the host every time the GUI opens?

A Swiss Army Synth, this thing could unwrap a sweet with one hand in the pocket.

kv331 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:54 am
RoadCrewWorker wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:27 am I'm liking 3 a lot so far from my few months of testing, but all synthmaster VST3 versions (One, 2, and lastest 3) still can't handle PAT events and modulation, so im mostly sticking to VST2 for now.
What are PAT events ? Poly aftertouch ? Let me test with Roli Seaboard
Yes, 0xAn midi events. Here's a min setup of Launchpad X pad pressure going into VST3/2 basic "saw-wave into filter, cutoff modulated by MIDI->Poly Aftertouch" patch: (sadly the kvr forums dont let me attach reaper project files)
SM3pat.png
The bottom VST2 version works as expected, while the VST3 version always remains at max (in both the visual indicators as well as actual modulation).

Same behavior for SM-One, SM2, or the same setup in BitWig instead of Reaper. Other VST3i expressive synths like SurgeXT behave as expected in either DAW.

e: this is on the latest downloadable build 14990
version.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Preset not working with the latest 2 versions:
BT Digi Warmth.jpg

kv331 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:23 pm
ecasasmusic2 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:06 pm Will the beta include granular synthesis?
I am afraid not. I am hoping to add that either before the official release or in our v3.1 update.
Why not to postpone the release and make a proper 3 with granular?

Delayed synth is just delayed synth, but synth that came too early will always be the one that came too early with bugs and janks.

When it comes to material things - judge the book by its cover.

Lbdunequest wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:49 pm
Let me be totally frank with you: We are running out of money. Last year was a loss for us, and so far this year is as well. If enough users supported us and upgraded to SynthMaster 3 already while it is in alpha/beta stage, then I would be totally comfortable with a delaying the release. But right now, we can not afford that...
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:58 pm
Lbdunequest wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:49 pm
Let me be totally frank with you: We are running out of money. Last year was a loss for us, and so far this year is as well. If enough users supported us and upgraded to SynthMaster 3 already while it is in alpha/beta stage, then I would be totally comfortable with a delaying the release. But right now, we can not afford that...
Im sorry to hear that and thank you for being honest.

Personaly im afraid to jump in to SM3, because of how janky SM2 feels, just small details makes it janky. For example:
1. Synth is loaded with presets but no distortion modes/presets when you can actually save them
2. Effect section, when everywhere you have to press left mouse button to select or activate, BUT to select effects you have to press right button, thats so inconsisten
3. Then in osc section when you navigate from osc 1 to osc 2, OSC and VOICE tab sizes are inconsistent
4. Category names overlapping

I saw more of these small things just cant pin point, but overal expierience makes it feeling like unfinished, unpolished product. As example, ZebraHZ, its such an old product, but its really polished. Synthmaster 2 is really more powerful and better sounding synth in my opinion, but ZebraHZ is the one making me more comfortable to use, just because it has no jank.

As there is saying "devil is in the details".

Ok granular can come later, personaly i dont care about granular, but please polish the synth, i think you will do yourself a favor :)

Return to “Instruments”