The Synthmaster 3 Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was using the latest version. I tried it again last night and could not reproduce the issue at any sampling rate. If it happens again, I will record a video to demonstrate the issue. Thanks for following up. I am so looking forward to the full release of SM3.

I was just wondering briefly, what was new with version 3, I remember seeing something about granular synthesis?

nvm
Last edited by kv331 on Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

hotmitts wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:45 pm I was just wondering briefly, what was new with version 3, I remember seeing something about granular synthesis?
Check out our SynthMaster 3 page, we have our intro video there:

https://www.synthmaster.com/synthmaster3.aspx
Last edited by kv331 on Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:09 pm
hotmitts wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:45 pm I was just wondering briefly, what was new with version 3, I remember seeing something about granular synthesis?
Check out our intro video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNnGDL25WhI
Thank you

kv331 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:09 pm
Check out our SynthMaster 3 page, we have our intro video there
But there's no mention of the granular engine in that video.

KTlin wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:19 pm But there's no mention of the granular engine in that video.
Because it is not implemented yet. I am hoping to work on it after preparing the factory sample library of SynthMaster 3. (March 2024)
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:25 pm I am hoping to work on it after preparing the factory sample library of SynthMaster 3. (March 2024)
Awesome! :tu:

sliced playback.jpg

Sliced loop playback working well :tu: (Update coming on Monday)

Next, I will work on preparing the factory sample library. There is a LOT of content!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:19 pm Sliced loop playback working well :tu: (Update coming on Monday)
Great! Can't wait to play with this new feature! :love:
kv331 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:19 pm Next, I will work on preparing the factory sample library. There is a LOT of content!
Awesome! :hyper:

Now this is a real upgrade, at a bargain price. Unlike that Avenger 2 bs. Great work so far.

I think you should raise the prices a little for the full synth and upgrade after pre-release though. They seem too low!

kv331 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:12 pm
Check out our SynthMaster 3 page, we have our intro video there:

https://www.synthmaster.com/synthmaster3.aspx
I just had a look into the Intro video...

In Reaper it shows a RAM usage of 2740MB and just Synthmaster 3 loaded... idk if it´s just related to the loaded Multisample though...while when he changes to the DX template the amount of RAM doesn´t change...

Synthmaster 2 loads with about 400MB Ram usage ... a second instance loads with 30MB like the third, fourth...etc...
So i.e. 5 default instances use about 520MB RAM...

How does the actual version of SM3 compare to that???

The last thing I need is another RAM hog like Avenger which would be about 7gigs for 5 instances...
Last edited by Trancit on Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trancit wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:11 am I just had a look into the Intro video...

In Reaper it shows a RAM usage of 2740MB and just Synthmaster 3 loaded...

Synthmaster 2 loads with about 400MB Ram usage ... a second instance loads with 30MB like the third, fourth...etc...

The last thing I need is another RAM hog like Avenger which would be about 7gigs for 5 instances...
Why don't you try it for yourself first?

Reaper memory usage before 1st instance (init preset): 140 MB
Reaper memory usage after 1st instance (init preset): 275 MB
Reaper memory usage after 2nd instance (init preset): 315 MB

But of course, with a preset that uses many resources (wavetables, wavefors, multi-samples) the usage will increase according to the resource sizes. Or, if you are using multiple skins, their resources will consume space as well.

Synthmaster 1/2/3 share resources: If you load a multi-sample/wavetable on multiple instances, the sample/wave files will be loaded only once.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:24 am
Trancit wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:11 am I just had a look into the Intro video...

In Reaper it shows a RAM usage of 2740MB and just Synthmaster 3 loaded...

Why don't you try it for yourself first?

Reaper memory usage before 1st instance (init preset): 140 MB
Reaper memory usage after 1st instance (init preset): 275 MB
Reaper memory usage after 2nd instance (init preset): 315 MB

But of course, with a preset that uses many resources (wavetables, wavefors, multi-samples) the usage will increase according to the resource sizes. Or, if you are using multiple skins, their resources will consume space as well.

Synthmaster 1/2/3 share resources: If you load a multi-sample/wavetable on multiple instances, the sample/wave files will be loaded only once.
Because I don´t have access to it... 8)

But sounds great what you wrote so far...

Edit: Now I have access! :D

So actually as SM3 loads the presets of the other versions it can replace all of the others is that correct??

Is there a reason to keep SM1 + 2 side by side to SM3??

Return to “Instruments”