How do I upload songs correctly into Soundcloud/Bandcamp?

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi TheStoryteller, if your files are "your title/name".MuProject you will need to open them in MuLab and export them. If you cannot see a file extension enable "see file extensions" in windows (folders) haven't a clue with Macs. If you have been exporting your projects you could open them in an audio editor I use soundforge, but there are free ones about have a look here https://www.musicianonamission.com/best ... io-editor/ You can "polish"and finished tracks, with many you can save/convert to different file types. Hope that helps.

It helps a lot. On mac, I have to chose a location on the computer to export to. However, the locations that I pick, such as iTunes, a folder I created to store finished music, etc. simply won't accept an exported file from mulab.

This has upset me quite a bit, and it prevents me from getting to the last step. Does anyone know how to bypass this problem on the mac?

An easy way could be to put the mixdowns (Project menu -> Export To Audio File) on your desktop. That will be an AIFF or WAVE file, which you can upload to Bandcamp etc.

Could you provide a list of steps to do this?

Start Mulab and load the project you want to convert to an audio file.

Then:
1. Click the button on the Mulab toolbar labelled "Project"
2. From the menu that appears, click "Export Composition As Audio File" (this opens Export Composition)
3. Click the "Audio File" field (this opens the file chooser)
4. Click the smiley folder (second button at the top)
5. From the menu that appears, click "Goto Favourite Folder"
6. From the menu that appears, click "Desktop"
7. Click the "New File" button near the bottom of the file chooser
8. Think up a name for your new file
9. Enter the name in the "New File Name" field
10. Click "OK" (this closes the file chooser and returns to Export Composition)
11. Click "OK" - Mulab will write the project audio out to the file you chose

Once you have done this, you can close Mulab as nothing beyond this point is related to Mulab at all.

Next, go to your desktop and find the file. It will have the name you chose above. Double clicking the file should make it play on your computer. You should do this.

Once you have found the file, you then just need to upload it - dragging from your desktop into your browser may work but that depends on your desktop, your browser, the website you're using -- but not Mulab.

Return to “MUTOOLS”