Goodhertz comes to Windows?...Goodhertz comes to Windows!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pekbro wrote:
Omkar wrote:
- registration somewhere around installation, or how`s overall protection?
-Not sure what you mean, the copy protection is web based. Apparently one of
them is a web tech guy, so they utilize that in various ways. The copy protection,
the web based preset sharing etc.
Mac -> PC = potentially hiccup on plugins plus protection(s)
or initial protection turns out disruptive (Black Rooster).

Anyway looks like Goodhertz did a good job, thanks again.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

pekbro wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote:
Oh snap!!! Can anybody confirm that this deal works. I'll make the hell out of a demo to grab that Vulf Compressor for half off.
Its from their FAQ... https://goodhertz.co/faq#bundle
Neat!! Thanks.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I can't speak for the sound, but at first glance I'm not feeling the GUIs on these at all. :shrug:

Russell Grand wrote:I can't speak for the sound, but at first glance I'm not feeling the GUIs on these at all. :shrug:
Move along then.

I've been using them on mac since a long time ago. they are excellent plugins from a feature+sound-quality perspective. you windoze users are lucky they decided to port these tools! enjoy!

plexuss wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:I can't speak for the sound, but at first glance I'm not feeling the GUIs on these at all. :shrug:
Move along then.

I've been using them on mac since a long time ago. they are excellent plugins from a feature+sound-quality perspective. you windoze users are lucky they decided to port these tools! enjoy!
They may be awesome, I just don't find the GUI much to look at. But obviously the GUI isn't what matters most so I've downloaded the installer to check 'em out all the same. :D

Are they phoning home? Do I need an internet connection to use them? Like, every time, all the time?

sfxsound3 wrote:Are they phoning home? Do I need an internet connection to use them? Like, every time, all the time?
U might shoot them an email about that. I think you only need to connect once to activate them depending on the lic type. Don't know for sure though.

pekbro wrote:
sfxsound3 wrote:Are they phoning home? Do I need an internet connection to use them? Like, every time, all the time?
U might shoot them an email about that. I think you only need to connect once to activate them depending on the lic type. Don't know for sure though.

No, I'm asking because on the beta download page, it says:
If you start a trial during the v3 beta, it will not expire until the official launch date.
So how is it going to find out that v3 has been launched? It needs to phone home, and often, right?

Yet I just started the trial on Lossy, coz I definitely don't need that, and it says:
Your free trial will expire in 14 days
So which one is it? Hmmm, we'll have to find out...

Definitely it's all connected to the website. I have no idea of the freq that they phone home or if they will go past the regular trial. Supposedly they will.

That's too bad coz my DAW is blocked from the net once and for all...
So, if it cannot connect... does it revert to a 14-day trial? They should be more specific about that - they have a FAQ, just write it up!

It's not an issue for me, just annoying, coz I don't know what to expect.

The Wow & Flutter plugin looks interesting. Any opinions on how much it actually sounds like tape?
A well-behaved signature.

sfxsound3 wrote:That's too bad coz my DAW is blocked from the net once and for all...
So, if it cannot connect... does it revert to a 14-day trial? They should be more specific about that - they have a FAQ, just write it up!

It's not an issue for me, just annoying, coz I don't know what to expect.
It doesn't require constant connection to the internet to run. The connection is just to authorize and enable demo periods. The demo installs a hidden resource file that tracks the trial time (like most other demos). If you have a tool to track realtime system resource usage you can sometimes locate the file manually (if you're so inclined). So, whether or not you disconnect from the internet the demo for each plug is only going to be 14 days. However, if you contact them they're more than happy to reset it for you if you need more time. I've had them do that for me before.

JerGoertz wrote:The Wow & Flutter plugin looks interesting. Any opinions on how much it actually sounds like tape?
It has replaced Satin on my master bus for a little while now. The mastering presets are really nice starting points there. I love to add a tiny, tiny bit of random (something like 5%, smoothed out at 200%) to the amount/speed parameters, makes it sound much more lively and natural to my ears.

It can sound stunningly good on synths as well, and the new Delay feature makes it even more versatile and useful. Lovely plugin.

I've just switched to a new way/workflow to process my drums: I split my bus in two different yet complementary ones, sending parts of the kit to Vulf (to get that instant classic break vibe... or Dave Friedman-like sound as well) and the rest to Faraday (works much better most of the times for synth-drums). Sounds glorious :)

Oh and toggle the HQ button on whenever your CPU can, can make a world of difference.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Re: GUI. I love their minimalist take and find them extremely well executed. The plugins look elegant, are fast to operate/learn and are super easy on the eyes. I did prefer v2 fonts though (basing that comment on Wow Control v3).
Dev, if you're reading... ;)
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

nilhartman wrote:Re: GUI. I love their minimalist take and find them extremely well executed. The plugins look elegant, are fast to operate/learn and are super easy on the eyes.
While I wasn't impressed at first glance, after trying out a few of the demos, I admit that the GUIs are growing on me. The plugs themselves seem very solid and stable, the sliders very fluid and the sound is quite good. Overall, I'm pleased with them and will be adding a few to my wishlist. :tu:

Return to “Effects”