Two new (old) songs :)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

The first song titled "overlooked" is a recycled track that I made back sometimes in 1998. As usual, I put a bit of late 80's - early 90's ballad song style :) However, I can't seem to get rid of some "popping' sounds at the end of the song, when it is slowing down..Any tips?

https://soundcloud.com/thedeadsoul/overlooked

The second track "Slicer" was made sometimes in 1996 - 1997 (can't really remember), and I decided to recycle it. An ambitious project back then, and it still is now, and it is quite literally the most exhausting track I've ever recorded :lol:

https://soundcloud.com/thedeadsoul/slicer

Hope you can enjoy :D

I just played "Overlooked". It's definitely got a Tom Selleck TV movie thing going on, and was a pleasant late-night listen here at Le Château Paintwork. The pops/clicks at the end almost sound like a tempo-synced panning delay artefact.

Good work :)

Overlooked needs some vocals! Needs some sad sad romantic vocals from a male voice.

I think Overlooked is smooth jazz albeit electronic smooth jazz. It's what they use or use to use when they put you on hold. It has wide market appeal. It sounds uplifting and chills you out.

Well done!

Slicer is more my style. I liked it a lot but I didn't care much for the drum kit rhythm. I would try using short bow string rhythm mixed with legato and some lighter and sparser percussion and maybe some well placed timpani and cymbal and or what ever works for some swell here and there. Anyway something like that. :lol:

Really nice!

@Tim: Thanks for the comment, mate, and great that you enjoyed overlooked! Yes, I think you' re right on the artifacts, it happens aright when the tempo is slowing down. Any tips on deleting those? Have a listen to Slicer when you have the time :)

P.S: Where is Le Château Paintwork btw?

@ShouthernHemisphere: Thanks for listening! Indeed, I would love to have vocals in some of my songs, but I'm a terrible singer and terrible in writing lyrics :D Collaboration is a must!

@fastlanephil: on Overlooked, many thanks mate, glad you enjoyed it. On Slicer, many thanks as well, and I will give a serious thought about your suggestion! :)

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

Both are enjoyable tracks, Adi, although I particularly like Overlooked. I'm not sure what to do about those popping sounds, except to go back into your DAW and start isolating different FX elements to try and figure out what it is. It sounds a little bit like the popping that a record player makes, although it clearly isn't that. Anyhow, thanks for sharing!

Hi David, many thanks for listening and commenting, glad you enjoyed them. Come to think of it, indeed it sounds like the popping sound that a record player makes. I might just leave them there, I'm getting used to it by now :D

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

A few years ago, I had a couple of tracks which had similar clicking/popping artefacts which weren't audible within the project but were apparent in the rendered the audio mixdown. If I remember correctly, they were both caused by automation settings not being properly setup (maybe an off/on step which caused an immediate jump in levels, or something similar). If your current project is using audio and not VSTis, this is probably not going to help you very much, although it could be coming from an FX source.

Slicer is a pleasant but melancholy piece of scoring? but I think the drums are a little to "aggressive" and "driving" for the mood. Maybe you could soften them a little.

Le Château Paintwork is a reference to the renovations that I am currently trying to perform on some of the exterior window-frames, if only the weather would permit me to finish the job.

Return to “Music Cafe”