A new Eventide / Newfangled Free Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EQuivocate

ghettosynth wrote:What's really a shame is that people like you can't resist whining in every f**king iLok plugin thread about how you don't like iLok.
Thanks for your insight, but no need to be condescending. I will refrain from further engaging in this thread.

Have a good night.
It's easy if you know how

DGillespie wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:Quick one to add on the wantlist:

Double-click reset the band to default/0.0 maybe, anyone? :)
At the moment shift-option-click will return the band to 0.0 dB. However, I have a feature request to make this a standard option-click.
:tu:

When I hover over the OPENGL button the text in the tooltip is not completely visible. (I know what the button is for, just mentioning this).

This plug is excellent...but damn that latency is a total pain in the ass. Anyone else have issues with the ridiculous latency of this thing? I'm using FL Studio and I'm unsure of any way to do some much-needed latency compensation. (If anyone has any advice to help, that would be much appreciated!)

I was under the impression it was a mastering limiter to be used at the final stage of mixing/mastering so high latency wouldn't be much of a concern.

Russell Grand wrote:This plug is excellent...but damn that latency is a total pain in the ass. Anyone else have issues with the ridiculous latency of this thing? I'm using FL Studio and I'm unsure of any way to do some much-needed latency compensation. (If anyone has any advice to help, that would be much appreciated!)
All linear phase plugins have latency. They are not meant to be used when recording/monitoring. If you put the plug on a track after recording, latency compensation will happen automatically for playing back/rendering.

Ah, okay. Thanks mcbpete and goldglob. That makes sense. It's a shame, though, as I'd love to use EQuivocate anywhere and everywhere in my track without boundaries. But 'tis what 'tis. :) Thanks again.

Actually, as far as latency goes Equivocate is really pretty good IME.
For example, Pro Q2 produces half again as much latency as it does,
while in linear phase mode.

Just sayin...

I actually thought Russell Grand was talking about Elevate rather than EQuivocate - so definitely ignore my comment !

Return to “Effects”