A new Eventide / Newfangled Free Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EQuivocate

Just FYI, for people who requested it, we added VST3 support to version 1.0.2, so you can Match EQ in Cubase.
This should also fix the small number of people who reported a crash, or won't scan.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/p ... installers

Thanks,
Dan
Dan Gillespie from Newfangled Audio (and sometimes Eventide)

I'm getting a zero byte file trying download

EDIT: The windows download link
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

The Mac link is also giving a 0 byte file too.

The links here are working fine.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote:The Mac link is also giving a 0 byte file too.

The links here are working fine.
thanks for that link. It is working.

Whoops, sorry, should be fixed now.

DGillespie wrote:Whoops, sorry, should be fixed now.
:D I think whatever you did snuffed my download from the other link. Anyhow, tried your original post link and it is now working .... now if it will finish! :party:

For opengl couple quick-n-dirty things to look at... don't use immediate mode (glbegin/glend)... try v-sync if not already using it (buffer "swap interval" or custom HP timer scheduling)... if using retained mode, optimize vertex buffers et al (state changes, static vs dynamic, batching, etc)... using blend modes?... using lots of matrix stack stuff?

I can't imagine a couple dozen colored boxes at 60fps should consume too much cpu even in low end hardware... that low end stuff isn't high end dedicated pipelines etc but it's still supported in silicon (w/ help from the cpu for matrix stuff etc.)
You need to limit that rez, bro.

DGillespie wrote:.... we added VST3 support .....

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/p ... installers

Thanks,
Dan
Sweet, thanks.

(funny..after looking for the plug-in under Eventide, i first question the quality of my eyes...after looking three times, i think something went wrong on install...then the fog clears and i realize, that it is another company...and therefor must be under NewfangledAudio - In Maschine)
- WonderEcho -

edit:
Scratch that, solved.
I had auto output compensation engaged.
So it didn't raise the noise floor, but the whole signal.

Doesn't happen when when output is set to 'Manual'
Sorry.

===

I just let two tracks of pink noise with one of them phase inverted play while tweaking EQuivocate on one of them.
I'm wondering why the noise floor raises so much when the description says " linear-phase filter shape". Shouldn't that not happen with linear phase filters ?

At the end of the screencap I engage ProQ2 also in linear phase mode for comparison, no sign of raising noise floor, that's actually how I expect a linear phase EQ to act. Can anyone explain what going on here ?
Last edited by No_Use on Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double post

Try using an instance of Pro-Q as the frequency spectrum analyser too, not Voxengo.

26 critical bands tickles a different part of your inner ear,
on a marketing standpoint this quote makes think its an april fools plugin
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

realmarco wrote:
I'm actually happy to see some skepticism about the product marketing emails. I think skepticism in general is a good impulse, and you guys don't know me yet. However, in this case, critical bands and auditory filters are real science.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_band

It was a bit of work for us to figure out how best to talk about this science, which isn't necessarily well known in this community. We may have been able to do a better job talking about it, but it is a bit tough. It is cool science, though, so if it is something you have not heard of before, I'm really happy to be able to share it with you.

DGillespie wrote:
realmarco wrote:
I'm actually happy to see some skepticism about the product marketing emails. I think skepticism in general is a good impulse, and you guys don't know me yet. However, in this case, critical bands and auditory filters are real science.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_band

It was a bit of work for us to figure out how best to talk about this science, which isn't necessarily well known in this community. We may have been able to do a better job talking about it, but it is a bit tough. It is cool science, though, so if it is something you have not heard of before, I'm really happy to be able to share it with you.
Nice! Good read.

Thanks so much for offering this plugin for free! Can't believe you guys just give it away like that. Very nice and precise surgical tool. Feels like a scalpel for audio!

Question: are the users with the free licence will be eligible for updates just like regular paying users?

Return to “Effects”