Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DS Audio Thorn Thorn Pro Expansion (Thorn Presets)

"Brass"?
Yeah, sounds fat

Thanks sqigls.

I like the fact that it embeds the sample. So much easier if you want to give away/sell presets!

You're welcome :)
Yeah, i'm gonna pull the pin.
Anyone got a Digital River coupon code? :P
:scared:

Anyway...
So far, I'm really liking this synth. At the current $69 intro price, it's a no-brainer IMO. Great stuff, Dmitry.

ere2learn wrote:Image
She's a beaut! :love:

Anyway,

permanently moving on. How is the CPU hit for everyone else? Diversion has always managed to bring my CPU to it's knees, but so far Thorn is being kind to my CPU. I think I prefer Thorn to Diversion because of that fact alone.

Thorn is a no-brainer for me: no-brainer not to buy it until Dmitry fixed the problem with modulation amount not being adjustable when using an external mac trackpad. He confirmed the problem at least. For the rest of you, enjoy, it really is a nice synth.

plexuss wrote:Thorn is a no-brainer for me: no-brainer not to buy it until Dmitry fixed the problem with modulation amount not being adjustable when using an external mac trackpad. He confirmed the problem at least. For the rest of you, enjoy, it really is a nice synth.
Dmitry confirmed it, but no mention of plans to fix the problem?

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, Thorn isn't exactly moderate. It's more moderate than Diversion, for sure, but, can be quite CPU taxing too IMO.

Vortifex wrote:I'm noticing the chorus is causing crackles in FL Studio, anyone else?

Edit: as ever, enabling 'Use fixed size buffers' sorted it.
It needs fixing then. 'Used fixed sized buffers' will render out of sync if you're using APDC. It's not a good solution.

cb8rwh wrote:Thanks sqigls.

I like the fact that it embeds the sample. So much easier if you want to give away/sell presets!
Yes, it does indeed embed the sample, which is VERY cool, but try to keep in mind that this will obviously take up additional hard drive space, so try not to get carried away before you create a 4GB preset library! :lol:
Last edited by Sound Author on Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hahah, behold my 100MB vocal sample! :D

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anyone else notice that the Harmonic Editor within the Harmonic Filter is a bit difficult to use? I've noticed that the Harmonic Editor within each oscillator is a lot easier to use. Individual harmonics are a little stubborn within the Harmonic Filter when you try to move them up and down. Feels a bit sticky to me. :?

Return to “Instruments”