Insane value for money -software

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MuLab Plugin

Not looking for only high quality, but software that costs little and gives....... Insane value for money.

What pops in my mind:

ToneBoosters. Just incredible stuff.
Klanghelm. Just incredible stuff.
Fathom Synth. Evolving in great speed but already awesome synth.
MeldaProduction. Just incredible stuff. Though some items may be pricey but there's also cheaper gems (especially at madness price).

Tomeboosters is on the list. I also want to place Thorn from Dmitry Sches on the list and especially with the introduction price. It’s a lot of synth for the buck
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

SKnote, Tokyo Dawn Labs, Sound Guru synths, TAL synths...

Valhalla DSP and Sonic Charge

Komplete
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

MuLab
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

uhe Repro 1 and 5 and Ace.

Variety of Sound. But alas, I'm all 64-bit now. :(

All DAW's

This thread is just going to be another dumb list of everybody's favorites. I already see things that I wouldn't even come close to classifying as "insane value for the money." You really have to be able to quantify value here and I think that's largely in the eye of the beholder.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

Vortifex wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:This thread is just going to be another dumb list of everybody's favorites. I already see things that I wouldn't even come close to classifying as "insane value for the money." You really have to be able to quantify value here and I think that's largely in the eye of the beholder.
It wouldn't be complete without you posting to say it's another one of those threads, Ghettosynth :)

In terms of sheer value for money I'd have to say FL Studio, considering what it contains and what it can allow me to do.
Perfect example. That's like saying that a wheelchair is insane value because it allows a paraplegic to get around. Ok, probably true, for them. However, I think that to be an insane value it should be true more generally. I think that FL-Studio is average value at best and even then you would have to quantify it much more specifically.

OTOH, Logic, and I'm not a customer, is commonly regarded as one the best values in terms of included content for the money.

To be "insane" value, I think that would mean that there is something other than "normal business" going on which, I believe, is the case with Toneboosters. I also suspect that Apple largely views Logic as a way to sell macs. I don't see that with imageline TBH, and I do have some of their software.

I own MuLab, it's not insane value In fact, I don't think that it can compete in value terms at all with several other DAWs, e.g., Reaper and Logic. It's cool software, it brings some interesting things to the table, but it has a lot of missing features and is rather quirky.

Poise?

Ok, it's cute and not too expensive, but it's hardly "insane value." Consider that that the full regular price of Komplete is $599 and that comes with 45 products, Battery being one of them. Battery provides much more power and much more content. The per product cost with Komplete at full price is $13.31 and I wouldn't classify that as "insane value." When Komplete goes on sale, ok. Here I think that NI is in a position where, like Waves, their large catalog allows them to sell at a lower cost per product than other vendors do.

So, I wouldn't even consider Poise at $49. To me, there's nothing in it that pushes it into the realm of a $50 plugin.

I'm not even going to start on trackers.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”