Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
Distorted Horizon
KVRist

377 posts since 17 Jan, 2017

Postby Distorted Horizon; Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:22 am Insane value for money -software

Not looking for only high quality, but software that costs little and gives....... Insane value for money.

What pops in my mind:

ToneBoosters. Just incredible stuff.
Klanghelm. Just incredible stuff.
Fathom Synth. Evolving in great speed but already awesome synth.
MeldaProduction. Just incredible stuff. Though some items may be pricey but there's also cheaper gems (especially at madness price).
Flowers.. Flowers everywhere..
ATN69
KVRian

1411 posts since 5 Oct, 2015, from Swedish / Living in Hong Kong

Postby ATN69; Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:30 am Re: Insane value for money -software

Tomeboosters is on the list. I also want to place Thorn from Dmitry Sches on the list and especially with the introduction price. It’s a lot of synth for the buck
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 12
Acknowledgement
KVRer

6 posts since 31 Oct, 2017

Postby Acknowledgement; Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:36 am Re: Insane value for money -software

SKnote, Tokyo Dawn Labs, Sound Guru synths, TAL synths...
xalama qo
KVRian

1111 posts since 7 Jun, 2007

Postby xalama qo; Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:48 am Re: Insane value for money -software

Valhalla DSP and Sonic Charge
fabrik sound design - Presets for Sawer
ATS
KVRAF

5296 posts since 20 Dec, 2002, from MD USA

Postby ATS; Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:53 am Re: Insane value for money -software

Komplete
Michael L
KVRAF

1746 posts since 25 Jan, 2014, from the End of the World as we Knowit

Postby Michael L; Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:08 am Re: Insane value for money -software

MuLab
"As the artist goes deeper into his own thing, he learns what works and then needs fewer tools."
D-Fusion
KVRAF

3558 posts since 13 Jul, 2004, from Earth

Postby D-Fusion; Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:09 am Re: Insane value for money -software

uhe Repro 1 and 5 and Ace.
Googly Smythe
KVRAF

1875 posts since 11 May, 2011, from The 51st state

Postby Googly Smythe; Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:10 am Re: Insane value for money -software

Variety of Sound. But alas, I'm all 64-bit now. :(
tehlord
KVRAF

7668 posts since 22 Sep, 2008, from Windsor. UK

Postby tehlord; Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:49 am Re: Insane value for money -software

All DAW's
ghettosynth
KVRAF

9799 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:36 am Re: Insane value for money -software

This thread is just going to be another dumb list of everybody's favorites. I already see things that I wouldn't even come close to classifying as "insane value for the money." You really have to be able to quantify value here and I think that's largely in the eye of the beholder.
Vortifex
KVRist

466 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Postby Vortifex; Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:49 am Re: Insane value for money -software

ghettosynth wrote:This thread is just going to be another dumb list of everybody's favorites. I already see things that I wouldn't even come close to classifying as "insane value for the money." You really have to be able to quantify value here and I think that's largely in the eye of the beholder.

It wouldn't be complete without you posting to say it's another one of those threads, Ghettosynth :)

In terms of sheer value for money I'd have to say FL Studio, considering what it contains and what it can allow me to do.

But when it comes to individual plugins it's hard for me to think of something that beats Klanghelm's MJUC compressor in terms of quality/price ratio. You can use it on just about anything, it's cheap and sounds great.
reusenoise
KVRian

771 posts since 23 Oct, 2009, from Italy

Postby reusenoise; Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:51 am Re: Insane value for money -software

ghettosynth
KVRAF

Postby ghettosynth; Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:58 am Re: Insane value for money -software

Vortifex wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:This thread is just going to be another dumb list of everybody's favorites. I already see things that I wouldn't even come close to classifying as "insane value for the money." You really have to be able to quantify value here and I think that's largely in the eye of the beholder.

It wouldn't be complete without you posting to say it's another one of those threads, Ghettosynth :)

In terms of sheer value for money I'd have to say FL Studio, considering what it contains and what it can allow me to do.

Perfect example. That's like saying that a wheelchair is insane value because it allows a paraplegic to get around. Ok, probably true, for them. However, I think that to be an insane value it should be true more generally. I think that FL-Studio is average value at best and even then you would have to quantify it much more specifically.

OTOH, Logic, and I'm not a customer, is commonly regarded as one the best values in terms of included content for the money.

To be "insane" value, I think that would mean that there is something other than "normal business" going on which, I believe, is the case with Toneboosters. I also suspect that Apple largely views Logic as a way to sell macs. I don't see that with imageline TBH, and I do have some of their software.
ghettosynth
KVRAF

Postby ghettosynth; Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:08 am Re: Insane value for money -software

I own MuLab, it's not insane value In fact, I don't think that it can compete in value terms at all with several other DAWs, e.g., Reaper and Logic. It's cool software, it brings some interesting things to the table, but it has a lot of missing features and is rather quirky.

Poise?

Ok, it's cute and not too expensive, but it's hardly "insane value." Consider that that the full regular price of Komplete is $599 and that comes with 45 products, Battery being one of them. Battery provides much more power and much more content. The per product cost with Komplete at full price is $13.31 and I wouldn't classify that as "insane value." When Komplete goes on sale, ok. Here I think that NI is in a position where, like Waves, their large catalog allows them to sell at a lower cost per product than other vendors do.

So, I wouldn't even consider Poise at $49. To me, there's nothing in it that pushes it into the realm of a $50 plugin.

I'm not even going to start on trackers.
Vortifex
KVRist

466 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Postby Vortifex; Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:08 am Re: Insane value for money -software

ghettosynth wrote:Perfect example. That's like saying that a wheelchair is insane value because it allows a paraplegic to get around.

Not unless a wheelchair usually contains a hundred other gadgets with different functions. We are talking about music software, and as tehlord pointed out, DAWs are very good value for money because they're essentially a collection of utilities which if purchased separately would cost a hell of a lot more than the price of the DAW itself.

What do you mean by something other than "normal business" going on?
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)