Midi in Studio One

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Romantique Tp wrote:
murnau wrote: The best midi editing/piano roll you'll find in FL Studio
Maybe if your MIDI editing consists of nothing besides adding and deleting notes.
then let's talk about adding/deleting notes for half an hour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzS5s5TSR00
:wink:
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

What is interesting, is how far soft devs are informed by MS regarded to a major Windows update. In advance.

There could have been some trouble, but to speak of *broken DAWs* seems a tad bold here IMO

I also have no idea if there is a midi platform where DAW devs discuss the midi STANDARD.. I wonder if that's the case. 8)

Today is last day to get Studio One for 50% off...

Woodgardens wrote:What is interesting, is how far soft devs are informed by MS regarded to a major Windows update. In advance.
There's the insider version of Windows 10, the people participating there get the new versions a month in advance or so. There's probably also versions for developers, which feature the versions even more in advance. But, again, these warnings from side of the software developers are typically because they didn't thoroughly test their software with the new versions yet. Not because it breaks anything.

And, come on, the internet, and forums are a terrible place to inform yourself about that. I frequent Windows forums, and, if i would take the issues people report there for granted, and would believe that that's a normal average of what Windows is like, then it's the biggest broken POS which ever existed. Fortunately, i know that it's not, from personal experience, and 3 machines sitting here which have it installed. Most of the issues people experiencing are related to hardware/driver situation, and, especially, software which is installed, and all those fancy system tuning and boosting tools, and antivirus suites, which dig so deep in the system, and leave a big mess doing so.

And, regarding audio software: There's millions of different hardware configuration, and people fiddling with computer audio have loads of additional hardware, audio interfaces, and what not, and, to test all those in combination with DAW software takes time. AFAIK, Steinberg have a whole department dealing with test cases. Actually, those warning, when they come from Steinberg, should rather be seens as an extra piece of convenience, and service, from Steinberg, because other companies won't even test (that much), or warn you about incompatibilities, or issues, at all.

chk071 wrote:Most of the issues people experiencing are related to hardware/driver situation, and, especially, software which is installed, and all those fancy system tuning and boosting tools, and antivirus suites, which dig so deep in the system, and leave a big mess doing so.
Not to mention 'warez' that cause crazy things. I can't remember having a BSOD for a decade while some people I know constantly freak out. The only correlation/reason I see here is their usage of pirated software (or the sources they visit and thus getting a 'flu' in return caused by viruses).

xbitz wrote: then let's talk about adding/deleting notes for half an hour
:wink:
I've watched this whole video before. Sure the FL piano roll absolutely is better than say Ableton Live, but I think that people claiming it to be the best are exaggerating. Even if it was the best, FL has many quirks that make it awkward to use for the kind of music that Sonar users (like OP) usually make. MIDI editing is also not just about the piano roll.

As for the off-topic Windows 10 bickering above, I'm just going to say that your personal experience says absolutely nothing about what others might experience on their setups.

@chk071

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, forums can be confusing. But I had the flu. And a toothache too. Then it can be distracting :)

Well, I dunno, some members give useful, interesting views etc. Which can save a lot of time.

Romantique Tp wrote: As for the off-topic Windows 10 bickering above, I'm just going to say that your personal experience says absolutely nothing about what others might experience on their setups.
If you think that internet forums do, then think again.

Anyway, you're right, it's truely offtopic.

Cubase has VST 3.5 Expression = Note Expression, Expression Maps and VST Dynamics.
https://www.steinberg.net/en/company/te ... ssion.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sX8_VDS1AU

Perhaps one day S1 will implement VST 3.5

Romantique Tp wrote:
murnau wrote: The best midi editing/piano roll you'll find in FL Studio
Maybe if your MIDI editing consists of nothing besides adding and deleting notes.
More then enough for you.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Kalamata Kid wrote:Cubase has VST 3.5 Expression = Note Expression, Expression Maps and VST Dynamics.

Perhaps one day S1 will implement VST 3.5
It's really unfortunate that VST3/3.5 is still treated so stepmotherly by most devs.

One of the most popular threads in the past few months (with almost 24K views) about Studio One that includes discussion about midi can be found here, and of course other features of the program. Presonus Studio One 4.0 [expectations? Skip the nonsense from the mods there, there are Presonus software development engineers posting in this thread, never mind watching it ha ha.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I've been trying to get away from always thinking 'does this do everything I want it to do' and for a change try a different approach and ask: 'what has the Midi tricks and innovations I've never considered before using', without it being too automatic, but giving me total control and freedom to experiment. And if the best for this means using a Midi standalone in your arsenal, what's wrong with that?

chordwarepa » Page 1 of 5

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”