Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

glokraw wrote:I really really dislike a session manager opening
at launch when I just want to get on with the music,
if I want a saved session, I'll load it. Does your car make you choose
which destination you want, from a list? Or head south
because you went south last time? :wink:
Statistically I guess the scenario "open a session you've been working on" is more common than "start from scratch". In addition, it's just a single click to open a virgin session from the manager that pops up. On the other hand, if you want to re-load a saved session, you'd have to click at least twice to open it from within the program.

Well, just my 2ct. You obviously have another opinion which is ok.

While 'just a single click to open a virgin session', that's just the begginning,
then you have to deal with all the other little annoyances.
And pretty soon you've got a 100 freaking sessions...none of
which you want or needed.

:party: herding cats :party:

I just want the option to run the way I run, not to make them
the defaults. I do realize I'm not a majority use case.

And there is some difference between 'starting from scratch',
and knowing you just want to practice, or audition presets,
or simply play for enjoyment, and then being impeded at the start.
It adds up to less enjoyment, not more.

8) The good news 8) Harrison support fixed my issue overnight,
on the weekend, at that. A bit more responsive and nimble
than tech-support legends like Native Instruments & Co.
Cheers
Last edited by glokraw on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

egbert101 wrote:
ATN69 wrote:I don't get it. I just logged into my account at Cakewalk to get the installers and serials, etc, for Z3TA+2 and some other stuff I have. I thought it might be a good idea to keep these installers and serials safe. There is not a single word anywhere at Cakewalk website about closing down. Nothing!
I downloaded the latest version the other day (2.2.3.51). It's annoying because you have to manually put the .dll file into the directory you want. And it works by C/R, so I saved the response file, but obviously that doesn't help if you switch to another PC. And I was going to abandon using it anyway, because of the tiny GUI. Oh well, I have plenty of other alternatives.
At least when Camel Audio/Alchemy went down they gave a warning to download..

There is a statement on Cakewalk's site now: https://www.cakewalk.com/

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:Gibson goes on my shit list along with Apple. :hihi:
Seems like they are preparing to bury Cakewalk alongise Opcode :x

Gibson must be pursuing some kind of world record as the company thay bury more companies :borg:
Fernando (FMR)

elassi wrote:
glokraw wrote:I really really dislike a session manager opening
at launch when I just want to get on with the music,
if I want a saved session, I'll load it. Does your car make you choose
which destination you want, from a list? Or head south
because you went south last time? :wink:
Statistically I guess the scenario "open a session you've been working on" is more common than "start from scratch". In addition, it's just a single click to open a virgin session from the manager that pops up. On the other hand, if you want to re-load a saved session, you'd have to click at least twice to open it from within the program.

Well, just my 2ct. You obviously have another opinion which is ok.
Yeah, i actually use this in Logic all the time, especially since most of my projects start with one of two template files (one for "testing" ideas or messing around, and one using an Environment set up with my external synths available). Every new song for me starts from one of those two files and is just one "save as" away from being independent projects, so i almost always just re-open the last thing used.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

our Knowledge Base and User Forum will also remain intact for those in need of technical assistance
so in other words, you're on your own.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:
our Knowledge Base and User Forum will also remain intact for those in need of technical assistance
so in other words, you're on your own.
But when are users not on their own? Every time i needed help that wasn't to be found from the community, it was with a bug. None of the bugs i reported ever got fixed in numerous versions. That's why i gave up on Sonar. Granted, the same is true for Logic, but I've not found many bugs on my own in comparison, and none of them stop me doing my work like in my experiences with Sonar. Really, with most software today, the companies selling the product rarely seem to care about fixing bugs, and the support is rarely direct contact. Almost every company pushes the user to do self-help via Knowledge Base content (often poor content) and community resources. Few developers actually support the users directly.

The biggest issue here is the C/R DRM. Unti they declare they've removed it, i expect people to get screwed on this.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Will they do licence transfers at all then?
:hihi:
Last edited by V0RT3X on Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

fmr wrote: Gibson must be pursuing some kind of world record as the company thay bury more companies :borg:
Gibson are armatures compared to such entities as Microsoft, Apple, IBM, Mitsubishi etc.. If they could pile every dollar they ever made into a massive purchase of companies just to close them, they'd barely make a scratch at what the big name companies have done.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Hi glokraw,

Thanks very much for taking time to try Mixbus! Your feedback is greatly appreciated!!
glokraw wrote:U-he and Reaper both let you insert your
serial, from a click in part of the gui, paste the ###s
and you're done. Your 'activation url' setup requires getting online,
Hmm, we send a license file via email, which you can then save & manage any way you like. So yes, in that sense, you must be online. But... how else would you receive the file except online? Carrier pigeon? :wink:
[/quote]
glokraw wrote: I really really dislike a session manager opening at launch
The audio and midi connection panels really need to be on the same gui
and in the 'New Track' dialog, please make stereo the default for midi tracks.
And the vertical label texts on those audio/midi connection panels are upside-down.
Thanks, I've made a note of these. I don't necessarily agree with all your suggestions, but I understand that everyone has different (and valid) use-cases.
glokraw wrote: And please lose the whole default-synth thing. Removing it is
just another needless chore keeping me from starting a new tune,
or just enjoying the play.
Good point.

We should probably remember the last-selected synth. Then if you choose "none", it will stick that way for future tracks.
glokraw wrote:When I start reaper, it just smiles and waits for my command.
Right-click, choose 'insert plugin on new track',
an weee beee jammmin'...
Cheers
I feel the same way about Mixbus. How long have you used Reaper? I suspect that you'd feel similarly comfortable on Mixbus in a few days or weeks of use.

Best,
-Ben at Harrison
http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com

P.S. This might be off-topic for the current thread. If you want to discuss Mixbus's design decisions further, we should probably do it in KVR's Mixbus forum.

V0RT3X wrote:Will they do licence transfers at all then?
I wonder who pays the bills, actually. Website servers, download servers, activation servers... someone's gotta do it, i guess.

V0RT3X wrote:Will they do licence transfers at all then?
Cakewalk license terms have always forbidden any sale or transfer of the license from the original end user.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”