JamStix 4 Releases 11/30 - Free demo available now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kevvvvv wrote:Wag

Nice to hear from you.

I'm now selling my Omnisphere 2 to raise some last minute xmas cash-for-goodies.

There should be some change to buy J4, especially as I already have quite a few expansions.

I've bought all my big goodies (shreddage, analog strings, ample sound taylor et al) and am now hunting low cost tasty treats :D

kevvvvv
I know all about being broke. This year I spent close to 9 grand on this stuff.

Enjoy your low cost tasty treats. lol

Anatro wrote:Is it me or JS4 sounds better?
I have all the add-ons but I thought they were outdated. Well, there are some new kits I do like a lot...maybe it's the new mixer but I'd swear the sound quality has improved. :)
Your ears are not deceiving you. We've updated the kits of most expansions to take advantage of the new mixer capabilities in JS4.
Ralph Zeuner
rayzoon technologies
http://www.rayzoon.com

wag
You hardware freak :lol:

I know what you mean though. Back in hardware days it was so few and far between that a new synth could be bought. Used to save all the time.

Then suddenly, year 2000 and cheap synths. Brilliant and getting better :)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote:wag
You hardware freak :lol:

I know what you mean though. Back in hardware days it was so few and far between that a new synth could be bought. Used to save all the time.

Then suddenly, year 2000 and cheap synths. Brilliant and getting better :)
No, that was NOT hardware. That was almost ALL software.

Now you can let your eyes bug out of your head. LOL.

Hi, folks,

I can't get Jamstix to trigger AD2, BFD3, EzDrummer 2 on mac OS 10.14 (DAW Logic Pro X 10.4.3)
No tuts covering driving a 3rd party plug with JS4 yet...

This is quite frustrating.

Can anyone explain how it is possible to control the midi output from Jamstix to other drum samplers through IAC Driver?
There is no incoming midi, even if IAC is online and there are two busses in it.

This is my Logic`s screenshot
https://ibb.co/GCvS6rm

Anybody, if you have a sec,
please post your method of driving a third-party drum-plugins with Jamstix MIDI in Logic Pro X so it can help others!

Thank you in advance!

I am using Jamstix with BFD in Logic, using Bidule AU. Works fine, but will set you back another 100 dollars. It doesn't have the lag of IAC drivers, though.

By the way: Does anybody have a different BFD3 map? The one included in Jamstix 4 seems to be wrong - it's triggering the wrong pieces in BFD.

tq wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:36 pm I am using Jamstix with BFD in Logic, using Bidule AU. Works fine, but will set you back another 100 dollars. It doesn't have the lag of IAC drivers, though.

Thanks for your answer!

Can you attached screen of the working config with Bidule?

No screenshot needed: In the Bidule AU, just patch the Bidule plug in object with Jamstix, the MIDI out of Jamstix VST with BFD VST, and then the audio outs of BFD with the mixer object. There is also a pull down on each object where you can sync it with the MIDI clock. That's it.
Last edited by tq on Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As you asked for it...
Screenshot 2018-12-23 at 22.22.52.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Saw wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:23 am Hi, folks,

I can't get Jamstix to trigger AD2, BFD3, EzDrummer 2 on mac OS 10.14 (DAW Logic Pro X 10.4.3)
No tuts covering driving a 3rd party plug with JS4 yet...

This is quite frustrating.

Can anyone explain how it is possible to control the midi output from Jamstix to other drum samplers through IAC Driver?
There is no incoming midi, even if IAC is online and there are two busses in it.

This is my Logic`s screenshot
https://ibb.co/GCvS6rm

Anybody, if you have a sec,
please post your method of driving a third-party drum-plugins with Jamstix MIDI in Logic Pro X so it can help others!

Thank you in advance!
For a free solution get Image-Line's minihost modular plugin:

https://www.image-line.com/support/flst ... odular.htm

Then connect up jamstix to BFD or whatever inside there. it works.

If you get Bidule AU or BlueCatAudio Patchworks, you can also host Jamstix in a midifx slot if you want to work that way.

I wish they would release an actual Au-MFX version of Jamstix which would be a lot easier to do what you want to do, but I doubt its coming.

JS3 used to have a built in functionality that always sends all midi to IAC, but it looks like maybe he left that out of JS4. But honestly if you can avoid IAC it will be better...
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

ShawnG wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:12 pm
v1o wrote:Is this comparable to Logic’s drummers.
I havent upgraded to 4 yet, but in comparison to logic's drummer, it is WAY more powerful, but not quite as easy to use. IMO
Logic's drummer does have one cool feature in that it can listen to other tracks and figure out the basic groove to use. So one thing you can do is use Logic's drummer to do that, then import that midi into jamstix, where you can import style and drummer AI into that groove the jamstix way, with a lot more control then you get from Logic's drummer.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

There's a Mac v. of Jamstix 4, or are you talking about 3?
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

As for me,
I have problems with version 4 on the Mac.
About this subject all the answers)

The Mac AU version cannot output MIDI (neither V3 nor V4). As noted elsewhere, it's not really Jamstix' fault, but an AU and Logic limitation. To circumvent this, one can use AU plug ins that host VSTs and keep he MIDI flow within the host plug in (like Bidule and the other solutions mentioned here and elsewhere). Let's hope for Apple fixing that limitation in a future update, as it sucks big time (not only for Jamstix, but all the other instruments with sequencer/arp functionality as well).

Return to “Instruments”