Arturia V Collection 6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

So now YOU'RE telling ppl what they can or cannot post? :lol:

Not your thread, not your forum. You know where the door is....

@AnX:
I did not even read your post but if it's about my last post here (which was the last one before yours) you maybe missed that i added you to my ignore list which AFAIK i metioned earlier in this thread...
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Can someone tell me if this Arturia CMI-V contains the library from the Fairlight Series 3 please?

foosnark wrote:Most of the Apple fans I know dual-boot into Windows anyway. Kinda tells you something.
What it tells me is that specific applications are available on Windows that aren't available on Mac, likely down to perceived market share not being too enticing, and developers not feeling it worth learning to code, bug-shoot etc for a completely different operating system.

I dual-boot solely to game. It is not that Windows is inherently better for gaming, it's all about title availability. The games that I have that run natively on both Windows and OSX, run identically :shrug:

People choose the OS they are most comfortable working in, and I think you'll find that most people only dual boot (As opposed to fully switching to Windows) because for most of the time they are happier in OSX, and are sold enough on that experience to pay the extra money to do so

There are reasons for dual-booting, but I doubt anyone is doing it to just spend a few hours on the other side of the fence, for joy :shrug:

ls1xxx wrote:Can someone tell me if this Arturia CMI-V contains the library from the Fairlight Series 3 please?
No it doesn't, and it's not an emulation of, nor does it sound anything like, the Series III.

foosnark wrote:
Most of the Apple fans I know dual-boot into Windows anyway. Kinda tells you something.
Yeah, that you hang out with Apple fans... :hihi:

AnX wrote:I agree with both of you :shrug:
+1 :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

beely wrote:
ls1xxx wrote:Can someone tell me if this Arturia CMI-V contains the library from the Fairlight Series 3 please?
No it doesn't, and it's not an emulation of, nor does it sound anything like, the Series III.
Well... It does 16-bit and 44.1 kHz. What else was added in Fairlight Series III that's missing (this is a serious question)?

Anyway, it's true that what was being emulated was essentially Fairlight up to IIx, not III, although there are a lot of "extras" that, AFAIK, no Fairlight even had.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:Well... It does 16-bit and 44.1 kHz. What else was added in Fairlight Series III that's missing (this is a serious question)?
The Series III was completely upgraded, sounded completely different, had decent quality specs, had more sophisticated sequencing - basically "more" and "better" of everything.

Of course, CD quality stereo sampling is no big deal these days, so any Series III emulation wouldn't likely be that special - it would just replicate what we can already do with computers, just with a worse interface... ;) the only real sound quality difference is that because the Fairlight had dedicated cards per voice, the sample playback system is different.

Fairlight emulations tend to be the earlier models *because* of the early character and library quality.

But the Series III library is pretty cool though, I've discovered many things I'd heard on records and had once thought was original sound design from the artist...

AnX wrote:I agree with both of you :shrug:
I even agree with all of you and I am a hard core mac user and apple hater at the same time. And before I got an iPad I could not even imagine to imagine using it for music, but now it is a perfect companion for my linnstrument with a lot of MPE compatible synths. Comes right after hardware synths and is so much smaller and lighter...
In the early days, I am coming from, all the main tools I was using did not run on PCs. A bit like today, not a single music tool running on iOS is running acceptably on Android. This will change for sure...

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
People choose the OS they are most comfortable working in, and I think you'll find that most people only dual boot (As opposed to fully switching to Windows) because for most of the time they are happier in OSX, and are sold enough on that experience to pay the extra money to do so
I work with dozens of people across multiple offices (all using laptops). Easily more than 50% are Macs. Few of them even have a dual boot.

What I have noticed over some years... the Windows laptop users consistently have more downtime and spend more time dealing with their laptops instead of just getting stuff done.

Same reason IBM found Macs to be cheaper for their employees in the long run. Less tech support needed.

Ingonator wrote:@AnX:
I did not even read your post....

Yes you did :wink:
Ingonator wrote:@AnX:
...you maybe missed that i added you to my ignore list which AFAIK i metioned earlier in this thread...

...and yet you are replying to me. Maybe you need to look up what 'ignore' actually means :lol:

pdxindy wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
I work with dozens of people across multiple offices (all using laptops). Easily more than 50% are Macs. Few of them even have a dual boot.

What I have noticed over some years... the Windows laptop users consistently have more downtime and spend more time dealing with their laptops instead of just getting stuff done.

Same reason IBM found Macs to be cheaper for their employees in the long run. Less tech support needed.

...and yet macs still only accout for 6% of the computer market...

Seriously... Mac vs PCs..?

C'mon people. Nobody cares what your personal preferences are...
Last edited by beely on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnX wrote: ...and yet macs still only accout for 6% of the computer market...
much higher among content creators... you know, the creative people who make cool shit :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”