u-he Repro (Repro-1 & Repro-5) released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

I know this is posted in the u-he section, but I think well worth also posting here to raise awareness on the release. $99 (+tax) intro price for a pair of superb sounding synths. 8)

https://www.u-he.com/cms/218-repro-v1-1
Last edited by db3 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:Possibly an historic release. The first true polyphonic analog emulation plugin that really does sounds like the original [Not that I would know as I never had the original].
I can´t compare it really but all i can say is that Repro is one of the 2 synths i own which i would say they are outstanding in sound to everything else i tried or own which are vintage emulations or kind of analog modeled tools.
I mean the complete package of the great synth engine with added modern midi tools, microtuning and awesome FX, a great Sequencer (Repro-1) and some other stuff makes it at the very top of synth for me.
When i now think i bought Repro-1 at intro for $69 and now getting this upgrade for free i think it might be one of the best valued tool for me as well.
(And i´m also getting Zebra 3 for free in the near future so i wonder how U-he makes money :D ).

Agreed, and I had the same deal as you Cinebient. Can't quite believe it. The synths are simply gorgeous, true labours of love.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Cinebient wrote: (And i´m also getting Zebra 3 for free in the near future so i wonder how U-he makes money :D ).
You are not the only one wondering that... I feel like I should give them a donation! :wink:

noiseboyuk wrote:Agreed, and I had the same deal as you Cinebient. Can't quite believe it. The synths are simply gorgeous, true labours of love.
Yep. Before i heard and tried the Repro Alpha i never even known much about the Pro One synth (i´m maybe too young for this....which is good....but still i which i was much younger :hihi: ).
I found the Alpha not really interesting and though...mmhhh, nice but not sure if i will get this.
But then Repro-1 came out and i loved it and was even quite happy with the mono version.
The sequencer works wonderful with it and JAWS is an outstanding wavefolder even sound amazing highly driven with high resonance etc.
Then came Repro-5 and i was blown away again. There a a few really good sounding polyphonic analog/vintage software tools but especially if you play huge chords i found Repro-5 takes really off compared to others (beside the other one i felt totally in love with).
Beside that it is so easy to program and the GUI is fantastic too. Of course i still want more modulations slots (ja ja, i know...) but then you already have so much easy to use modulation sources before you even need one slot where other synths would already run out of slots alone for the usual things like Mod-Wheel and velocity sensitive expressions.
Since the official release is 2017 from this package i can say that Repro is synth of the year 2017 indeed for me.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pdxindy wrote:
Cinebient wrote: (And i´m also getting Zebra 3 for free in the near future so i wonder how U-he makes money :D ).
You are not the only one wondering that... I feel like I should give them a donation! :wink:
:D Yes. But i also still could just finally buy Bazille (even if i don´t really want that one).
But then i would be into a JAWS XL as FX plug-in or even a bigger version of the Repro-1 Sequencer as MIDI FX. A Lyrebird XL would be tasty too.
Oh and that Drum Synth which was/is a side project would be an insta buy too.
However, i wish U-he a bright future since they deliver great tools with great value.

How is this release different from the one I downloaded a few weeks ago?

wagtunes wrote:How is this release different from the one I downloaded a few weeks ago?
It´s no beta anymore. I think it´s the same as the release candidate #2.

Cinebient wrote:
wagtunes wrote:How is this release different from the one I downloaded a few weeks ago?
So I don't have to download it again?

wagtunes wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
So I don't have to download it again?
If you have the release canditate #2 i guess not. Not sure if that was available for a few weeks.
It´s the one with 900 patches :D

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, the beta Repro-5 version I had didn't have anywhere near as many...or as good presets. Release builds are 6794.

Great job urs :tu:

Return to “Instruments”