Behringer UB-Xa Synthesizer (OB-Xa clone)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Actually, it's intriguing what Behringer might be up to. They've been hinting strongly about releasing a string of polys based on the UBXa platform. I'd be surprised if they didn't do a poly Kobol soon after the UBXa, just because they've done a recent Kobol - doesn't excite me though as the Kobol expander seems a bit mundane to me. But they've already got a Pro One and Korg MS20 under their belt, so a poly Prophet (more likely) and a poly Korg (less likely) could be in the pipeline. And there were rumours of a PolyVoks a while ago - now that would get me very excited indeed, especially a 16 voice Voks! :hyper: . I've still not given up hope of a Jupiter, as they did that little mini thingy. The big obvious one is a Juno, but I don't think they'll go that route, not after Deepmind, but it would be an instant seller.

That apparently constitutes a verbal contract, so fingers crossed for Wednesday and prepare to order some Pampers, just in case lol

:lol:

Taking previous announcements with a pinch of salt I'd first expect to see the p16, bpg and poly8 (poly6 clone), based on the advanced state of the prototypes shown. Though you never now, the polyKB could sneak in from left field.

i just think with behringer, ignore announcements but expect a synth of some sort soon. don't hope, like me, you just get hurt :cry:

damn you uli, you killed xmas :cry:

Pretty sure the Wave (PPG Wave clone) and Pro-16 (Prophet 5/10 clone) are next. Also pretty sure Model 15 and Sem 2 Voice clones are ready. I think I might actually buy the Pro-16, but I think there will be very high demand.
<List your stupid gear here>

vurt wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:09 pm i just think with behringer, ignore announcements but expect a synth of some sort soon. don't hope, like me, you just get hurt :cry:

damn you uli, you killed xmas :cry:
Yep, something is always going to coming off the line. Now the supply side of things seem to be sorted, I guess it's just down to setting a schedule that doesn't consume sales all at once

egbert101 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:10 pm Pretty sure the Wave (PPG Wave clone) and Pro-16 (Prophet 5/10 clone) are next. Also pretty sure Model 15 and Sem 2 Voice clones are ready. I think I might actually buy the Pro-16, but I think there will be very high demand.
They've also shown flip top monos of the Sh5 and Kobal, plus a 4 octave juno60 looker

Yeah the Neptune 80? I think that might also be later in 2024. I have the DeepMind 12D so don't particularly feel the need for one.

egbert101 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:26 pm Yeah the Neptune 80? I think that might also be later in 2024. I have the DeepMind 12D so don't particularly feel the need for one.
I wish they’d build on the Deepmind. I’ve started using mine again recently for the first time in a while and it’s such a great starting point. The s/h LFOs are really cool when you use them in the mod matrix.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I keep forgetting I have a Deepmind. It's a perfectly good bread and butter poly, even if DCO. I really should connect it up.

I'd forgotten about their Juno60 thingy. :dog: . I won't buy a 106 repro, but a proper VCO Juno I just might consider, even if only for nostagia's sake. I'd be far more interested if they'd got a bit more inventive and gone for an AlphaJuno but with VCOs, but I guess that's not so easy to get all the hooverlicious waves with pure VCOs. Definitely would need to get rid of the godawful alpha dial and put proper knobs on it too.

OK I'll upgrade my list to: Minilogue + UBXa + Neptune. I'm such an easy pushover... :roll:

I have an og Juno1 in the bottom of the spare room wardrobe, and yeah, definitely get rid of that silly wheel.
Same as if Behringer ever do the jx8/10 or any dx-a-lookie-like synth from back then. At it's most basic, what's the point if you can't even change cutoff and res at the same time?

egbert101 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:41 pm I keep forgetting I have a Deepmind.
You bury it in your backyard when you don't use it?

CoolColJ wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:35 am Sound is not doing much for me, but I didn't like the original as well, and I think this does not sound like the original
Exactly. I had an OB-Xa for years and my only regret is selling it too soon as I didn't get enough for it. I think the OB-Xa is among the most boring of Oberheim vintage synths. I know why they build these instead of making a better synth, it's because people buy them.

Just put controls for all of the Deepmind envelopes on the panel and I'll buy one for christ sake.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”