Behringer UB-Xa Synthesizer (OB-Xa clone)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nice demo for nerds comparing the various vintage or anthropy modes.

https://youtu.be/kD4HMeykBCc
<List your stupid gear here>

Nice. :tu:
Quite a difference between some of the modes in there, and I love some of those that emphasise that bubbliness underneath. I think it was the Behringer demo of the vintage/atrophy modes that was the final clincher for me. Normally I don't get excited about doodads that simply make an analogue synth sound detuned or drift etc, but it seems to drastically affect the actual filter character too - and enough to give it some gnarliness that I always thought was lacking in old Obies.

Sound is not doing much for me, but I didn't like the original as well, and I think this does not sound like the original

Agreed. Synth doesn't interest me either, but for those who are here is a deeper overview:

https://youtu.be/DgQslX6uupM
<List your stupid gear here>

Synth sounds good.
VO could use a cut at ~200Hz. :wink:
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

Looks like an absolute beast of a synth. Very flexible.

I really would have liked to see more of the individual Atropy modes and what can be tweaked.. and the ranges. This can potentially emulate a lot of different synthesizers behaviors and be configured to sound really unique.

Anybody heard any rumors about the desktop version.. when it may be available?
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

No reports, so far, of loose screws rattling around inside, components needing to be cut from the pcb or keys rubbing on the casing.

Why would there be? Their other synths don't do that, in fact some of them are more sturdily built than expensive competitors...

Sadly, Sequential sent out the first batch of p5r4 with rattling screws and a surplus resister, and Moog's latest 5k mini reissue has seen many owners have the lowest and/or highest keys rubbing against the chassis.

I'm impressed there's been none of that from the budget brand.

In fairness that was a bit of an unnecessary dig about QC, so no need for anyone reading from now on to bite down on it and chew it around, the midnight ghost said own your sh1t, go get tiny Tim a turkey dinner and a ps5 slim. Shops are shut, and rightly so (even if just for the day), so this'll have to make do. Sorry Timmy, maybe next year. :hihi:

But it is encouraging, and the more I don't read about issues, the more confident I am of buying into the coming poly range.

Aliens wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:32 pm
But it is encouraging, and the more I don't read about issues, the more confident I am of buying into the coming poly range.
screw them! gimme the vcs3 ffs :cry:

Could you be tempted by a poly VCS3?

If I win lotto I'll commission lego to make you a collectable and a special muppet weed pop vinyl with vcs3 and flowing cape accessories.

kritikon wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:51 pm Could you be tempted by a poly VCS3?

why do you hate me? :o

Aliens wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:52 pm If I win lotto I'll commission lego to make you a collectable and a special muppet weed pop vinyl with vcs3 and flowing cape accessories.
:party: i think i just sex wee'd :o

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”