Nuages set [1, 2, & 3], Périphériques (1).

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jancivil wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:15 pm Weirdly, the normalization is 100%/100%, 1:1 top to bottom. Ideal. So I'm pleased with that, the dynamic range here is huge.
The good news is YouTube did not turn you down, hence the 100%/100%. However, you undershot the maximum loudness of 13 LUFS that YouTube allows by -4.1dB.

If this were EDM, I would suggest squashing this with a limiter to get that extra 4dB. For this style of music, where loudness is not necessarily the goal, I think you are good as things stand. :tu:

No, I have that. It's too quiet on average. The previous upload of this was too loud, reading 100/71 so volume all the way up was turned down some 3dB. So the goal was to avoid what people are calling the penalty. Which makes me think of Kafka.

nuages audio.png
That's why, that range or so I suppose. What they stream shouldn't be my problem to this extent.
What I don't understand is quite what I did to change this, like I lucked out. :scared:

The opposite of what I want is <loudness> via compression.

YT is pushing the loudness wars, this -13 LU is louder than broadcast standards [-23 LU], I learned.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jancivil wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:29 pm What I don't understand is quite what I did to change this, like I lucked out. :scared:
You can monitor the loudness of your mixes as you go. For example, I have FabFilter L2 on my master bus which can display LUFS.

There are also free options out there including this website: https://www.loudnesspenalty.com/

Well thanks, but I'm so not throwing money at this like it's a problem. I did basically nothing between the two renders. In fact I wanted to see what the new penalty would be, I pushed one peak .9 dB taking that moment to right at 0dB. It's depicted there. That's the only difference on my end. This itself is Kafkaesque.

That website actually rejected my drag and drop audio and told me to use another browser. :x

Some of my older ones, which are mixed loud, have severe penalties, going back not so much an option... so just write my crimes into my skin now, google.
Last edited by jancivil on Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That true loudness stuff would drive me batty if I let it. I tried a render in Nuendo using its normalization pre-set, and it resulted in this tiny waveform. I don't know anything about this.

I found one of mine that was penalized 5.4 dB. I re-did it and now it's -3.3 dB.
There was a piece by a classical pianist that was reduced worse even than that, like 7dB. It was too quiet, however.

Périphérique (with Ultra HD visualizer!)

https://youtu.be/zbORFZrr-XU

also too quiet probably, but it just is. Hmmm... Doesn't show any reduction yet; 100% = 100%, no minus anything,
That may change which is why I'm not going to trip much.

The Opus codec will be a result of the definition of the video.

Return to “Music Cafe”