The Revolutionary & ReVisional Design Of Propellerheads Reason 10

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Which I As A User, Created Back In 2014... :) (Actual Reason 10 release Oct 2017)

There are more screenshots here.... and a full detailed post to supplement it. Seeing as this is a forum about daws, I thought it would be interesting. The design was produced before the official release of version 8.0, with exception to the redesign of the SSL Mixer which was created around the official release time.

http://www.3dbuzz.com/forum/threads/203 ... -SSL-Mixer

Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:56 am, edited 7 times in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I don't see the point to be honest...

chk071 wrote:I don't see the point to be honest...
For the same reason you use any particular daw.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I like it.
There’s a lot of cool ideas in there.
Took me a bit to understand where everything was but overall I think it’s a really cool concept.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Cluttered, uninspiring and visually too busy to be efficient or effective.

Tonally, the main window colour scheme is good.

Reason and Bitwig had a child, and I can't decide what I think of it. :hihi:
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

What is this? A DAW for ants?

Gamma-UT wrote:What is this? A DAW for ants?
It needs to be atleast... 3 times bigger than this.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

THE INTRANCER wrote:
For the same reason you use any particular daw.
I use a DAW to make music. You paint imaginary pictures of how your vision of a DAW should look like, but which will never become true. That's cool, but, i just don't see the point. What is the benefit of posting those pictures? Why not do a custom GUI for Reaper, for example?

Ego masturbation, delusions of grandeur, etc, etc. Pretty regular for "the intrancer" actually. :)

I'm sure he's probably a nice enough guy but read his posts, 95% of which are implying "Look how great I am!!!!" :hihi:

I think he takes old proverb "Love thyself..." a bit too far. :lol:

Looks like DubTubbo

aMUSEd wrote:Looks like DubTubbo
Maybe he designed it? We have the first clue, the plot thickens. :hihi:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Coxy wrote:Cluttered, uninspiring and visually too busy to be efficient or effective.

Tonally, the main window colour scheme is good.
Which is why it's a modular customisable based GUI design where you choose what's visible. The resolution of the main sequencing environment is 1200x700 pixels in that image so would obviously be much more spread out at higher resolutions like 1920x1080 to be workable...and obviously beyond that.

The SSL Mixer is also modular, and able to be displayed in it's entirety without needing the monitor to be placed in portrait mode at normal 1080p resolutions. Which is still the case in the current version of Reason.

The SSL mixer isn't really documented but one should be able to figure out it's basic functionality, which has lots of additional gadgets. The link above gives a complete overview.

Spencer Maddox wrote:I like it.
There’s a lot of cool ideas in there.
Took me a bit to understand where everything was but overall I think it’s a really cool concept.
Thanks :phones:, yeah... there was pretty much a lot of brainstorming and rapid implementation of ideas, from how I remember it.

It's probably still the biggest photoshop project I've undertaken, there was literally thousands of layers involved and one massive 7 Gig file to load for the SSL Mixer.

I've updated and broken the detail document down a bit more with sub headings, so it's easier to digest reading wise.

THE INTRANCER wrote:
Which is why it's a modular customisable based GUI design where you choose what's visible.
It's not though is it. It's just pixels within an image and a photoshop project file.

This isn't actually a functioning design or UI is it? There's no code or api behind it?

So it is essentially a picture.

At best, a mock up.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”