Thoughts On SuperWave Tarkus [Korg MS2000 Clone] and Sirius?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: But I did listen to the demos and these sounded quite good. I couldn't tell they were Synthedit. Had I been able to, I wouldn't have even gotten involved in this thread.
So buy them all....and hope there are no bugs in the 64 bit SE code since developers who use the platform are at the mercy of Jeff to fix any bugs...... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:They were talked about 13 years ago. There was also something negative about the company in the early days but I've long since forgotten what it was.....
If I remember right, the dev made some short disappearing or something. There was no support for a long while until he suddenly updated the page and began active again.

Distorted Horizon wrote:
Teksonik wrote:They were talked about 13 years ago. There was also something negative about the company in the early days but I've long since forgotten what it was.....
If I remember right, the dev made some short disappearing or something. There was no support for a long while until he suddenly updated the page and began active again.
That sounds about right. Left some people with a bad taste in their mouth for Superwave.

I spent an hour or so making patches with the original P8 many years ago and when I went back to check out the fruits of my labor none of the patches would reload so that left a bad taste in my mouth. :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

If Korg released a Radias plugin I’d be on it like beards on hipsters.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I own 5 of their plugs

They are cool!

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:Tarkus and Sirius sound wonderful, and I may try out the others too.
Demo thoroughly and test if multiple instances can be used at once.. (again) If I remember correctly, I had to bounce like a beast if I wanted to make a track using only one synth.

Teksonik wrote:so that left a bad taste in my mouth. :lol:
This sounds so fun, I have to make a thread about it :hyper:

egbert101 wrote:
surreal wrote:I own 5 of their plugs

They are cool!
If the developer is looking at this thread, I hope he or she considers updating the GUI as the tiny GUI would be a deal breaker for many. Tarkus and Sirius sound wonderful, and I may try out the others too.
So they are small. Darn.

wagtunes wrote:
egbert101 wrote:
surreal wrote:I own 5 of their plugs

They are cool!
If the developer is looking at this thread, I hope he or she considers updating the GUI as the tiny GUI would be a deal breaker for many. Tarkus and Sirius sound wonderful, and I may try out the others too.
So they are small. Darn.
Ultimate and Equinoxe shouldn't be SO small.. Maybe small but biggest of those.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Distorted Horizon wrote:I used to have Ultimate. It was nice. Though I'm not sure what's the difference between all of those.. To my ears they all sound the same.
They do, all of them. Cheap and cheerful.

They are quite nice indeed.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

The 64 bit versions of the Superwave plugins seem to use JBridge.
I see a new process when loading a Superwave plugin with the same icon as the JBridge's auxhost.

For some reason I get no sound out of them anymore in Maschine - any other DAW works just fine.
Also tried the older 32 bit versions - same problem. Guess it's something with Maschine.

Pretty nice actually.

I guess Tarkus is my favorite and it's nice to see that they put out the effort to make a dedicated Jean Michel Jarre synth.

The sounds have quite a cheerfull, and bright vibe to them. Tarkus sounds most analog to me (during a quick listen). You can tweak the sounds further with some effect plugins.

Return to “Instruments”