Fuse Audio Labs presents the Bucket-500 Analog Delay Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bucket-500 Analog Delay

blortblort wrote:Ray... thanks sooo much for acting as an "enabler" for my delay addiction. Bucket-500 is now in my box of delay "crayons" and I can honestly say that there are no other crayons in that vast box that are THAT particular color. So very very nice. Completely LOVE the break up in the feedback tails when you push the sweetspots in the feeback filter and the x-feed levels!!!
I *do* have feature request for a future update if possible?: depth and speed controls for the LFO, possibly? ...I wouldn't even ask for sync on the speed if I could just get depth control ;]
Thanks for your comment, blortblort! It's great to hear it deserves a place in your delay crayon box :tu:

Regarding the additional LFO controls: It has been discussed before and I have gotten a ton of requests on that. So there will a) be a dedicated flanger/chorus BBD emulation plugin at some point or b) these parameters will be added to the Bucket-500 in the future (however, I'd need to find a way to elegantly place them in the existing GUI without messing up things :party: ).

Best,
Ray

sounds good, Ray!
I've got ideas to make the GUI work, ...I'm not an "interface/graphics/programmer" guy, but I'm betting they might be too cumbersome to entertain... One version would be the possible "re-purposing" of the "power" and "noise" buttons into dials for depth and rate... but that still is not really fully baked...
the other one is when you click on the LFO button, it "tilts" the GUI slightly, so that you could "3-D" the GUI as if it were a stompbox literally, so you could use the 'outside of the box' to add the knobs for depth and rate and a switch for sync, possibly?
Like I say- just ideas. Definitely not so elegant ;P

Just put some kind of LFO rate/depth controls on it somewhere, even if they are little mini toggle knobs like some delay pedals. Don't worry about messing up the GUI "feng shui", we just want some kind of control of this effect which is pretty extreme and most the times unusable in the state it's in right now. If you added ability to type in exact delay times too that would be awesome, but i do already like that delay times are noted on the time knobs.

And +1 on the BBD Chorus/flanger. Please try to get your hands on an original EHX Electric Mistress or the new almost exact clone of it, the Longamp Roxanne. And or read about it on Gilmourish.com It keeps all the high frequency and clock noise, and it's got quite a low end cut, which does make it thin, but super smooth, just absolutely perfect for guitar or phat sounding synths without the flange sound completely taking over and muddying things up. And yeah as mentioned previous, would love to see a Univibe effect from ya since ya know how to model opto photocell bulb/lamp type compressors so well already.

Hi Ray, I know you're busy with boutique pre-amps and stuff, but do you think you could add a function in the next Bucket-500 update which allows the delayed signal to be louder than the dry signal. On delay units with a mix knob, I often set the mix to about 60-70% and have the dry signal just sticking its head out a bit, but have the delay regen kind gurgling away. I know Bucket-500 is its own thing, and I really dig it for the tight transient thing, and as a sweet icing on a guitar or something, but if it's possible, could you please add this ability. Would it be possible to say - change the funtion of the level knob so that we could have the Wet knob on 100%, then drop the level which in effect - just turns down the dry signal??

Anyways, thought i'd ask this publicly, as i might be overlooking something someone can explain, or get other user's opinions on this idea. As always - Love your work ;) the new preamp drive is a god-send on sub sine basses mate, cheers :)

The Bucket-500, DrumsSSX and VCL-864U plugins have received a FREE GUI update and are 50% off until September 20th (12PM CET).
  • Bucket-500 Analog Delay only $24.50 ($49 regular)
  • VCL-864U Vintage Tube Limiter only $34.50 ($69 regular)
  • DrumsSSX Drum Remixer only $44.50 ($89 regular)
Use the following voucher during checkout: GC4L-BY13-S5W2

NOTE: Existing users can just download and install the new update and enjoy the GUI improvements.

Looks good! Bought it, the simplicity of this speaks to me, I’ve no use for complex delays with dozens of options, this looks like you can get good results fast, e.g. for guitars.

The new GUI looks nice, although I have my doubts about the wooden background/side panels.

More important, Bucket-500 sounds really good (if you like that grimy character as much as I do). It sounds similar to Replika XT (which is quite a bit heavier on the CPU), but different from the much cleaner Delay MEMORY-BRIGADE. Makes me wonder which hardware analog delays are clean and which are grimy.

There's one thing I'd like to ask though. When you have Noise engaged and turn the feedback filter all the way down (LP), then the repeats and the corresponding noise bursts are clearly separated. Because the noise isn't continuously audible, I'd assume it's added to the input signal before the feedback stage and it should be filtered as well. Could a routing option be added (in the hidden menu or on the GUI itself), so the user could choose either Output or Feedback?

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:45 amThe new GUI looks nice, although I have my doubts about the wooden background/side panels.
They're an integral part of the analog sound :D
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:50 pm
Lotuz2019 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:45 amThe new GUI looks nice, although I have my doubts about the wooden background/side panels.
Maybe. but they still look terrible :hihi:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:58 pm
you dont look at the mantlepiece when youre poking the fire :)

vurt wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:07 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:58 pm
you dont look at the mantlepiece when youre poking the fire :)
I do like a nice wooden mantlepiece ...

Return to “Effects”