Tracktion Waveform v9 available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After a few mn with the free trial 9.0.33 found several bugs.
Plugin parameters still moving even if LFO modifier is disabled or deleted.
2 plugins UI sluggish : microtonic and tyrell N6.

Had the same bad filling last year after first waveform 8 trial.

OSX 10.11.6

Tyrell N6 UI working fine here in Waveform 9.0.33. UI response is normal.

LFO Modifier seems to be working normally. It responds to enable/disable, and the plugin parameters react accordingly.

Tested with Windows 10 64-bit using both VST and VST3 versions of Tyrell N6.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Waveform 9 has been super stable so far here (on a Mac)
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

BMoore wrote:
vurt wrote:
BMoore wrote:
vurt wrote:he didn't say they where bug free.
he said obviously the bug wasn't universal, ie it only effected a small number(1 we know of) so must have been something that didn't effect beta testers, which a universal bug would of course.
How little experience in software and releases do you have to have, to make such a dense statement?!
you think a bug that wouldn't allow beta testers to even open the program would have passed beta testing?

and im the dense one...
So these beta testers registered the software the same way as users after the official release?!

Dense indeed...
The point is that it was a PUBLIC beta. Many users downloaded and used it for up to six weeks and reported problems they found.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Trancit wrote:
bungle wrote:... anybody who pays full price for this is a tit.
Or just have understood, that companies have to make some income to be able to improove a product further...
If a difference in price of 20-30$ ruins you... bad for you, but there are others who are less poor and are happy to pay this price for such a great update!!!!

I wished all you kiddies would have already lived when I was young, where cracks not existed and you had to pay thousands of bucks for instruments, which are only able to produce one sound with a very limited number of voices...
Building up a studio like you got with nowadays software was the same like buying a big house and you are whining about 30,-$... :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:
I wish ignorant assuming people like you lived in the real world were normal people dont assume that 20-30$ is not a lot for the entire non ignorant assuming planet, then maybe they could also realise that anybody witha different view to them may not be a “kiddie” or perhaps we should all step inline and agree with everything you say, again the typical Waveform user rears its ugly head !!
Duh

bungle wrote:
Trancit wrote:
bungle wrote:... anybody who pays full price for this is a tit.
Or just have understood, that companies have to make some income to be able to improove a product further...
If a difference in price of 20-30$ ruins you... bad for you, but there are others who are less poor and are happy to pay this price for such a great update!!!!

I wished all you kiddies would have already lived when I was young, where cracks not existed and you had to pay thousands of bucks for instruments, which are only able to produce one sound with a very limited number of voices...
Building up a studio like you got with nowadays software was the same like buying a big house and you are whining about 30,-$... :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:
I wish ignorant assuming people like you lived in the real world were normal people dont assume that 20-30$ is not a lot for the entire non ignorant assuming planet, then maybe they could also realise that anybody witha different view to them may not be a “kiddie” or perhaps we should all step inline and agree with everything you say, again the typical Waveform user rears its ugly head !!
I knew it... my mom already always said... "Don´t feed the trolls!!!"

01.jpg
02.jpg
Be kind to each other. You have more in common than you think. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

skipscada wrote:
01.jpg
02.jpg
Hey, that´s cool...

Didn´t noticed this :tu:

bungle wrote:again the typical Waveform user rears its ugly head !!
:roll:
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

bungle wrote:again the typical Waveform user rears its ugly head !!
WTF? :dog:

skipscada wrote:
01.jpg
02.jpg
Same person most likely . :ud:

:lol:

InLight-Tone wrote:Mac performance issues and crashes happen on Mac with Cubase as well...
I was a new Cubase user who was turned off the product by this... You mean to say this hasn't gotten better since 4.5??

As for Tracktion, I've never used it enough to know if it crashes more on Mac. My interest in it was limited so I used it as a free VST testing platform on Windows. But I don't use VST anymore.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Nevertheless this is the first Tracktion/Waveform version which I am really enjoying very much...
I was fiddeling around with Tracktion since version 1 but I could never get over this inline Midi editor... I could never understand, what people like about this tiny zoom intensive way of working, so I always stopped using it very quickly...

The company in general always caught my attention with every new version just because of the genious features they brought into it... but still this problems with being restricted to inline editing...

Waveform 8 finally broke with this restriction together with some kind of mixer and again they brought very interesting features with the integrated pattern generator, which is really great...
Chords, Basslines, Arplines and Melodies matching to the scale in a blink of an eye...
I am not the greatest in terms of music theory nor I am a great keyboard player so this really really a great timesaver for spitting out musical ideas very very fast...

Waveform 9 even topped this topic with the new chord track, open chords, user defineable chords, the new Multisampler and overall really great enhancements and improved stability...
On top of that we got finally the possibility to save clips like Ableton or Bitwig do, Macro controls with so called faceplates (custom GUI´s) and enhanced modulators instead of the single LFO there was before...
During the beta phase, the developers were really listening... they did a great job... thx for that!!! :tu:

So even if you were never interested into the Tracktion products: This version is really worth to try...

If you take a closer look at the including features, this really grew up into a monster of a DAW... for this little money it´s a steal!!! Well done Tracktion, thx very much for this update!!! :tu: :party:

hi,
I tried it yesterday and did like some of the features.

My main issue is that the VST plugins are showing up really small with my 4k / hidpi monitor (windows 10...) and I can get around that by starting it in compatibility mode, but then that makes all the text blurry :(

Those works fine with Cubase Elements 9.5 and Mixcraft 8.1 so I hope they can do something about it... (but I have the same issue with the Studio One demo)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”