Wave Transmission - My first own Track (Trance)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

have Just started playing a little bit around producing my own music.

I have produced this with FL Studio and only used the built in plugins and some optional free plugins from the web.

- Sytrus
- Zampler
- Nova for EQ
- Fruity Limiter / Compressor
- and so on

So here ist my first result. Hope, you like it and please do not be too hard to me :-)

The genre is Trance.

https://soundcloud.com/user-413310005/after-two-weeks

Hey, Just upgraded my Track.... Have done a little bit fine tuning.....

I’m no expert when it comes to EDM/Trance, but for a first effort it sounds good. Maybe it could have been a little more unadventurous but it works.

I'd agree with phil; you've played it relatively safe. That's probably a good idea if you're still finding your feet. You've got all the basics down nicely.

The one thing I'd say is that I think your pad has too much reverb/delay on it, and with the arp playing as well, it's a bit messy for my taste. Example is around 2:45. Maybe you can go into the preset and just tone down the FX a bit?

If you still are going to work on this track, you could try adding a couple of "exciters". A few choice sound FX and vocal samples at the right moments could take this track up another level.

At any rate, it's very good for a first song. :tu:

For a first track this is not bad at all...better than mine way back in 1978! :0)

It's got some good melodic and rhythmic content, but it lacks a few things at the moment as you would expect:

1) That big killer hook / lead line / lead vocal to seriously grab the listener.
2) Your own unique identity, (which should come as you experiment more); at the moment it is very generic.
3) Attention to detail in the production - again this will develop as you create more and more pieces.

Two old-fart patronizing tips:

1) Analyse in detail the tracks you really like in a genre and try and work out what it is that makes them good.
2) As you become more experienced, try and avoid preset loop libraries as much as possible; create you own riffs and loops from scratch and a unique musical identity will grow very rapidly.

Return to “Music Cafe”