The Dark Side Of US

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a requiem of sorts concerning a recent event and related thoughts and feelings. Something like that.

It uses mostly electronic sounds and also strings and choir.

https://soundcloud.com/fastlanephil/the-dark-side-of-us

What a interesting track, I like how the sounds evolve between organic and synthetic arps. I was kind of hoping for a growing rhythm at 1:56 or something but the continuation of the Arp works.
:borg:

I think this is my favourite fastlanephil track. It features an pleasant combination of synths and orchestral elements, and good drama and pacing. I think the length is just right.

Good work :)

enjoyable electronica
liked the strings, choirs and arps. it moved right along
thanks for sharing :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

It might be a bit on the dark side, but it's also beautifully relaxing to listen to.

nice track
rounded out well with the choir too :tu:

V0RT3X wrote:What a interesting track, I like how the sounds evolve between organic and synthetic arps. I was kind of hoping for a growing rhythm at 1:56 or something but the continuation of the Arp works.
Thanks Vort3X!

Yes, I thought about adding more to the arp but I decided that using the bell sound along with it as a entrance for the choir also worked. I’m pretty much a minimalist I guess.

seismic1 wrote:I think this is my favourite fastlanephil track. It features an pleasant combination of synths and orchestral elements, and good drama and pacing. I think the length is just right.

Good work :)
I’m glad you enjoyed it seismic1!

I also thought it had a pretty good balance in that respect. I went from creating mostly neo-classical type of music to using just synths a few years ago after discovering good electronic music. It was like a breath of fresh air! It made classical music seem sort of like a relic of the past but now I’m finding it’s also fun to combine music of the past with the forward thinking sensibility of electronic music.

layzer wrote:enjoyable electronica
liked the strings, choirs and arps. it moved right along
thanks for sharing :tu:
Thank you for the positive comments lazer!

sjm wrote:It might be a bit on the dark side, but it's also beautifully relaxing to listen to.
Yeah Sam,

It was inspired by a pretty unpleasant news event but hopefully I was able to also express something positive also, so as not to just wallow in pessimism.

vurt wrote:nice track
rounded out well with the choir too :tu:
Thanks vurt!

This is a cool track fastlane! Nice combination of sounds in interesting ways... Polyrhythms etc...
The choir is a nice introduction.
Enjoyed.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”