The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes,
"A Big Hole in The Ground": I actually have a number of wild rabbits that live in my neighborhood. Roughly every other day I will see at least one. Your song is pretty trippy! A departure from your usual style. But it sounds cool! The vocals are well done. No need for illegal drugs with this song. I like it! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:28 am wagtunes,
"A Big Hole in The Ground": I actually have a number of wild rabbits that live in my neighborhood. Roughly every other day I will see at least one. Your song is pretty trippy! A departure from your usual style. But it sounds cool! The vocals are well done. No need for illegal drugs with this song. I like it! :)
Thanks Aaron. Will check out your new stuff ASAP. Will post a new song for you to listen to shortly. I think you'll like it. It's a Beatles parody. Long story behind it, complete with video.

Hi All:

I've been working on a Beatles parody album for my TV Show Timeshare, premiering Oct 17,2023 on Youtube. I'll post a link here when the day comes.

Anyway, here's a scene from an episode in season 2 where I do a parody on the Beatles. The song is "I Should Have Flown Better" which is a parody of "I Should Have Known Better"

I hope you like it.

https://youtu.be/YB_ad2lYv9M

wagtunes,
Hahaha! Buying 4 Beatles suits must have been expensive! ;). I can't say I recognize the song, if it was a remake of an actual Beatles song: but instrumentally it surely sounds like a Beatles song; nicely done. The sound quality is very good. Singing is good. I actually know/knew a few people who did not have a nice landing. I will spare you the depressing ones. The other one: this guy ran out of fuel and had to land on a golf course; I think his ego was damaged more than anything else. I went to Europe in 2017, went to Liverpool. I was disappointed I never heard a single Beatles-type accent with the people there. I was under the impression it was shipping yards in the 60's, but noticed none of that. Seemed mostly like a bunch of department stores and a mall, from what I saw. But the Beatles Museum there was cool. Rock on mop top man/men/long haired woman!
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:25 am wagtunes,
Hahaha! Buying 4 Beatles suits must have been expensive! ;). I can't say I recognize the song, if it was a remake of an actual Beatles song: but instrumentally it surely sounds like a Beatles song; nicely done. The sound quality is very good. Singing is good. I actually know/knew a few people who did not have a nice landing. I will spare you the depressing ones. The other one: this guy ran out of fuel and had to land on a golf course; I think his ego was damaged more than anything else. I went to Europe in 2017, went to Liverpool. I was disappointed I never heard a single Beatles-type accent with the people there. I was under the impression it was shipping yards in the 60's, but noticed none of that. Seemed mostly like a bunch of department stores and a mall, from what I saw. But the Beatles Museum there was cool. Rock on mop top man/men/long haired woman!
Actually I only had to buy one suit. The whole thing is cloned. Each part is filmed separately and then through software merged together. It's a really cool process.

Anyway, thanks for the listen and the feedback.

wagtunes,
I kind of figured you only had to buy one Beatles' suit; hence the wink. Haha.

aaron aardvark wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:40 am wagtunes,
I kind of figured you only had to buy one Beatles' suit; hence the wink. Haha.
Ah, I missed the wink. Must be tired. LOL

1st track from my upcoming CD "Side Project"

On The Side Of The Angels

Demons all around
Frightening is the sound
No peace to be found
Lord it can't get any dire

Running for my life
In this world of strife
God give me a knife
Cause the world sure is on fire

I'm so glad that I'm
On the side of the angels
Only chance that I have
Is running with you
I'm so glad that I'm
On the side of the angels
It's the only thing
That I know I can do
To get me through

Corruption left and right
Putting up a fight
Fighting day and night
Lord I'm beaten and I'm battered

Politicians lie
All the good men die
Pretty soon will I
And I wonder if it mattered

Repeat Chorus

Looking for the silver lining
While I'm for my youth still pining

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... the-angels

I resonate with the lyrics! I like the chord change as it goes into the verse.
Can't help feeling that the BPM could be upped, as the chorus drags a little.
Love the guitar solo, and the sound quality (timbre etc.) fits well with the rest of the track very well.
Good outro too. Well done sir.

Bansaw wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:16 pm I resonate with the lyrics! I like the chord change as it goes into the verse.
Can't help feeling that the BPM could be upped, as the chorus drags a little.
Love the guitar solo, and the sound quality (timbre etc.) fits well with the rest of the track very well.
Good outro too. Well done sir.
Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Yeah, the song does kind of drag a little. Probably could have upped the tempo a bit.

2nd track from my upcoming CD "Side Project"

Darkest Before The Dawn

When it feels like God's not home
Rest assured you're not alone
God is there every single day
When you feel your burden's great
And all you want is to escape
God is there to help you on your way

And when the light's gone out
There's a candle burning bright
When the darkness comes
The Lord will make things bright

Just remember
Just remember
Oh Just remember
Just remember
It's always darkest before the dawn

Cause God he reigns above
And God is perfect love
And he will always be
The light that shines on me

Just remember
Just remember
Oh Just remember
Just remember
Just remember
Just remember

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... e-the-dawn

wagtunes,
"Darkest Before the Dawn": This sounds like classic wagtunes with strong piano riffs, recognizable vocals, and audio quality. I like the lyrics. The melodies are very good all around per usual. Nice synth sounds too! :)

aaron aardvark wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:46 am wagtunes,
"Darkest Before the Dawn": This sounds like classic wagtunes with strong piano riffs, recognizable vocals, and audio quality. I like the lyrics. The melodies are very good all around per usual. Nice synth sounds too! :)
Thanks Aaron. We're actually going to be doing this one at church. When I get a chance later this morning, I'll check out your new tunes. Thanks for the listen and the feedback.

wagtunes,
"On The Side of Angels": The intro guitars & lead guitar sound real & nice. Now some synths have come in, which reminds me of Depeche Mode (a compliment). Like that organ, and later the strings. I testify that Satan or his minions will try to tempt you to do the wrong thing; we know Who will help us through. A different style of song for wagtunes, and I like it! Very good melodies per usual. :)

aaron aardvark wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:37 am wagtunes,
"On The Side of Angels": The intro guitars & lead guitar sound real & nice. Now some synths have come in, which reminds me of Depeche Mode (a compliment). Like that organ, and later the strings. I testify that Satan or his minions will try to tempt you to do the wrong thing; we know Who will help us through. A different style of song for wagtunes, and I like it! Very good melodies per usual. :)
Thanks Aaron. I tried to do this one justice like always. Sometimes I succeed and other times not so much. Thanks for the listen and feedback. Much appreciated.

Return to “Music Cafe”