The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes,
Now listening to "The Pentagon (Side 2)": like those drums; what are they? This song takes all sorts of unexpected turns! Cool song! Now "(Side 4)": no question those pesky space aliens hacked into the Pentagon's computers! None of these Pentagon songs sound like typical wagtunes for sure! Sounds cool also! Could be a movie soundtrack. :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:54 am wagtunes,
Now listening to "The Pentagon (Side 2)": like those drums; what are they? This song takes all sorts of unexpected turns! Cool song! Now "(Side 4)": no question those pesky space aliens hacked into the Pentagon's computers! None of these Pentagon songs sound like typical wagtunes for sure! Sounds cool also! Could be a movie soundtrack. :)
Thanks Aaron. You'll have to forgive me but I'm battling Covid right now and am really out of it. I do appreciate the kind words but I have to get back to bed.

wagtunes,
I wish you the best with a speedy recovery!
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

This week on Timeshare, the boys get a night together.

https://youtu.be/Q66ATVGxmD0

wagtunes,
Now listening to "The Pentagon (Side 4): trippy sound effects that sound like they could be from a 60's horror movie. Sounds pretty cool.....OK, I heard this & reviewed it earlier too. I think I hear a spring reverb in there? Now listening to "The Pentagon (Side 5)"(well, the Pentagon does have 5 sides): another different sort of song for wagtunes. Has some nice synth sounds in the recording. Would be good for background music for a TV show or film. What synths did you use?

aaron aardvark wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:13 am wagtunes,
Now listening to "The Pentagon (Side 4): trippy sound effects that sound like they could be from a 60's horror movie. Sounds pretty cool.....OK, I heard this & reviewed it earlier too. I think I hear a spring reverb in there? Now listening to "The Pentagon (Side 5)"(well, the Pentagon does have 5 sides): another different sort of song for wagtunes. Has some nice synth sounds in the recording. Would be good for background music for a TV show or film. What synths did you use?
Hi Aaron. Thanks for the listen.

Here's the list of synths and other VSTs used for Side 5.

Pianoteq 7
Kontakt 7 70s Drums
MODO Bass 2
Ample Hollow Body Guitar
Elka-X
Polymode Synthesizer
PS 20 Synth
PS 3300 Synth

The last 4 are all from Cherry Audio.

Will go and check out your tracks for this month. Always look forward to them.

1st track from my upcoming CD "Modern Times"

Free Love Zone

I need me a real hot cutie
One who won't let me down
I need me a real hot cutie
The hottest one in town

And then I'm gonna take her dancing
To the hottest discotheque
Oh yeah I'm gonna take her dancing
Even if I end up on heck

Cause it's a free love zone
Free love zone
It's a free love zone
Free love zone

And when we're finished dancing
I'm gonna take her to my place
Yeah when we're finished dancing
I won't care about her face

Repeat Chorus

And when I'm finished with her
Gonna throw her out the door
When bI'm finished with her
Gonna get me some more

Instrumental Break

Repeat Bridge

Repeat Chorus 2x

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/free-love-zone

wagtunes,
Now listening to "Free Love Zone". There is that classic wagtunes piano! The bridge is really good; I didn't see that coming. All melodies are very good per usual; so is the audio quality. Reminded me a bit of ELO (a compliment). Nice vocals! Very good song and recording! :)

"Free Love Zone" is a solid and it seems deliberately simple song. The chorus reminds me of "Got My Mind Set On You." The contrasting instrumental section is a nice change of pace. I do think the song is mastered too loud.

Nice work. :tu:

Frantz wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:28 am "Free Love Zone" is a solid and it seems deliberately simple song. The chorus reminds me of "Got My Mind Set On You." The contrasting instrumental section is a nice change of pace. I do think the song is mastered too loud.

Nice work. :tu:
Hey Frantz. Long time. Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Yeah, it's possible I was a little hot on this one. My ears are a bit screwed up since Covid and you can't always trust your meters,

Free Love Zone. Like it! A refreshing change to hear a upbeat, positive song in the sea of whats normally offered in the cafe.
@1:29 I think "bridges" are your specialty. Enjoyed that.

Free Love Zone. Great track Wags. I agree with what Bansaw wrote. Great ending!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Bansaw wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:01 am Free Love Zone. Like it! A refreshing change to hear a upbeat, positive song in the sea of whats normally offered in the cafe.
@1:29 I think "bridges" are your specialty. Enjoyed that.
You know why bridges are so easy for me? Listen to the Beatles. Some of the greatest bridges ever written. They were my idols. Anyway, thanks for the listen and the feedback. It's always appreciated.

Allomerus wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:28 am Free Love Zone. Great track Wags. I agree with what Bansaw wrote. Great ending!
Thanks Allomerus. I hope this means that you have something posted that I can listen to. Always look forward to your stuff. It takes me back to when music was really great.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:15 am
Allomerus wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:28 am Free Love Zone. Great track Wags. I agree with what Bansaw wrote. Great ending!
Thanks Allomerus. I hope this means that you have something posted that I can listen to. Always look forward to your stuff. It takes me back to when music was really great.
I am doing Jamuary at the moment which means most of it is soundscapes, synths stuff. There are a couple of more normal ones. The one I am about to post is a Blues Jam.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”