New Preamps, EQs & Filters from Arturia

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ya - the M12 env. and such are free running. They do have an 'audio threshold' that can be turned on to act as a trigger.
The env. will only run when the audio reaches a specific db. I agree there's a lot that could be improved with this one.
It'd be nice to have an env or lfo only run with a note-on trigger, and it'd also be good to be able to set the number of times it would run through or be able to loop it.

The Mini will run with a note on trigger, but if you have the sequencer set to mod stuff, that will run all the time.
It also has an envelope follower, but I haven't messed with that much yet.

Overall, I'm liking the preamps much more than the filters.

fmr wrote:
Elektronisch wrote: No no not like that, i mean NOTE MIDI Input. For example with The Legend you can route the midi track to the plugin, so when you modulate cutoff envelope you get that smooth filter cutoff like on internal synth filter :)
Yes, it's like that. You don't modulate filter cutoff with notes, you modulate it with MIDI Continuous Controller messages. I don't know about Legend, but either it has any MIDI CC already assigned to filter cutoff, or you have to make it "learn" which controller should it respond to.

That's why I started to say that you need to create a MIDI track and assign as MIDI output the virtual port created by Mini-Filter - that's your MIDI track. But BESIDES that, you also have to define which MIDI CC you want to assign to the Filter Cutoff. You can achieve the same effect you are describing.
And again its not like that. (And i know about this method you described) :wink:

Its very different, also different sound in the end because of the introduced delay wich means you cant get those sharp plucky sounds while on Legend fx, zebrify (aka zebra fx), serum fx you can.

What you described is more like automated cutoff controlling using notes. :)

Here is what is written in the manual of The Legend FX:
The advanced way is to send MIDI notes to The Legend FX, which triggers the filter+amplifier
envelopes. This will also make the oscillators and noise generator audible if desired (if not, they
can be turned off with the corresponding on/off switches, or their volume can be set to zero).
The point of sending MIDI notes to The Legend FX is to apply its filter and amplifier envelopes
to other sources, for instance other synthesizer sounds. It is also conceivable to create gated
sounds or other special effects in this way

felis wrote: Overall, I'm liking the preamps much more than the filters.
Same here. I've been testing them yesterday. Some nice flavors in those pre-amps. With a very nice pricepoint for existing users.

The filters are much less usefull imho.

fantastic release. especially loving the trident. buying!

i was wondering, did any of you were able to recieve demo links? i tried numerous times and recieved nothing.

Elektronisch wrote:i was wondering, did any of you were able to recieve demo links? i tried numerous times and recieved nothing.
Demos can be found here:

https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:i was wondering, did any of you were able to recieve demo links? i tried numerous times and recieved nothing.
Demos can be found here:

https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals
Thank you!

Liked the sound of the M12 filters, no idea how authentic they are though. The modulation is definately missing a lot compared to Zebrify, it bothers me that I can't even assign modulation sources to resonance and modosc rate which would have made worlds of difference. :-( And no smooth gliding random modulation, only oldschool abrubt jumps from value to value s&h style - another dissapointment. And at this point I don't really need a bunch of preamp simulations. I probably won't bite on these.

I'm doubtfull how important the included modulation system is/ will stay, as this is becoming more and more part of the daw. Bitwig has a nice modulation system that you can use on any plugin, Ableton provides something similar albeit not as userfriendly.

Most important aspect is the sound.
But I also see limited use for the filters ( i already have the free mini filter).
I did buy the pre-amps though.
Very nice flavors and possibilities.

I find it a bit funny that these plugins has written "you'll actually use" when i have mini v filter and not using it :lol:

Return to “Effects”