Rate My Song!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to making music so any feedback, whether it's good or bad, will help me out alot!

SoundCloud Link: https://soundcloud.com/sean-alexander-2 ... switcheroo

Just joined KVRaudio aswell, so look forward to getting to know people who share the same love for music as me!

Aleksandr

Hi Aleksandr, welcome to the world of producing :)

Pretty cool track you have so far, definitely has a lot of energy and cool vibes going on. You nailed the structure very well and have the proper buildups and drops going on. The mix sounds pretty good too, so kudos there is you are just starting out.

My biggest feedback is to Learn, Create, Share

Learn all the time which will fuel new creations and share for feedback which will reset the process.

Best of luck and looking forward to hearing more!

Kick sounds too upfront to me. I think its possibly sidechained to the synth riff causing it to "pump" ... but maybe thats intentional? Still, not at all bad for a first tune, if a bit generic. :)

thecontrolcentre wrote:Kick sounds too upfront to me. I think its possibly sidechained to the synth riff causing it to "pump" ... but maybe thats intentional? Still, not at all bad for a first tune, if a bit generic. :)
i cant wait for sidechain compressing to go out with risers, tapestops and swooshes :pray:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

What JKillz said and thecontrolcentre said. You've not done much wrong, but you haven't revolutionised EDM either. I think you have got pretty close to what you were going for.

I am also not a fan of such extreme sidechain on the synth. It just sounds incoherent when you take it too far. You want it to pump, not sound out of time. To me, that's what happens when you take sidechain to extremes.

You might want to experiment a little with making some cool sounds. That might help you find a unique identity to set your tracks apart from the rest. You've definitely got the groundwork down, now it needs a personal touch.

I find the harmonic range of the piano quite interesting.
For DISCOGRAPHY, see К Ɱ Ԏ Ꮇ Ꮩ Ꭶ Ꭵ Ꮳ

Not to bad for a beginner ! You already got a pretty good feel for structure and that's a good thing. I would probably add a melody in the chorus with the piano you're using, but an octave higher.

Thanks very much for the feedback everyone! It's nice to see where I have done well but also where I should be improving, just like JKillz said, learning creating and sharing is the way to becoming a better producer :D

Return to “Music Cafe”