[HIP HOP] LDKitz - Now what

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Whassup :D .. i just finished a new beat , and i need some help about the drums.
This time i added some reverb on the snare and the hi hats to make them less snappy.. i like the drums to be dry , but i guess that too much snap action could make your ears bleed :cry: .
Anyway . let me know what u think about the production in general.. and let me know if the kick has too much punch.

https://soundcloud.com/ldkitz/now-what

Peace.

Snare could - IMO - do with a longer ring on the reverb, and then gate it. It's all a little sudden for my ears. Not everyone likes that sound of course. I just think a little bit more ring is what you need.

That might counteract the kick a little too. I get why you're asking; I'm just not sure if it's actually the kick that's the issue causing the "suddenness" in the sound.

Appreciate the feedback.
Yeah .. i guess i could've used a better snaredrum .. the one i used was like a stab , I used a compressor and some reverb to make it sound fuller... so thats the problem rly..

This sounds quite cool, I really like the order of the samples and the melodic structure they make up together.
To me it sounds similar to Dj Premier, it has a similar dryness to it and the way you flipped those samples also is similar to preemo.

You could add some more acoustic context and turn that vocal sample a little bit down, it doesn't match the overall volume.
For DISCOGRAPHY, see К Ɱ Ԏ Ꮇ Ꮩ Ꭶ Ꭵ Ꮳ

Appreciate the love :hail:

Return to “Music Cafe”