Aeon Four - Shrapnel Seeds [03:37]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Holy ####!

Oldskool Jungle! takes me back to the early 1990s when I was blasting out beats like this and trying to imitate people like Tom and Jerry, Blackstar etc.

It's a good solid flowing Jungle beat with appropriate FX and drops in there.

A few points:

I think it could flow even more smoothly maybe if it was a tad faster? I seems to be around 150 bpm in my head? Maybe it could go up to around 160 or even into Drum and Bass territory of 170?

This is music for dancing and big hooky melodies are not necessarily part of the formula. It does have some catchy little FX and vocal snatches in there, but I would like to hear a little more contrast...obviously without losing the groove.

Off to dig out my old Jungle CDs!

Thanks for your feedback!

Yeah with this one and well in many cases with our tunes we're aiming for a collision with old skoolish vibes and some more modern touch.
In this song for example the two leads are actually kind of "EDM-like?" (orientalish) in some weird way or that was our first reaction when
we begun composing the melodies/harmonies. But with the beats and bass it kind of created this combo of old skool jungle with some fresh take, hopefully :D.

I think this one is 150 bpm yes. I agree, though with this song we decided it to be 150 bpm.
The last song (coming up this week with the whole three song EP called Core) from this EP is actually 160 bpm so they vary a little.
Also doing some collabs with some 170-174 bpm groove.
Personally 160 bpm in my mind is somewhat my favorite when talking about jungle. Not too fast or too slow, depending of the tune of course.

Again thanks for your feedback, it's nice to have some proper opinions! :)

Cheers

Nice. Some prodigy style sounds and overall dub style.

Return to “Music Cafe”