Native Instruments Effects underrated?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Using Replika, Supercharger GT, Phasis, Driver... Great tools!

Looking forward to get the whole Mod Pack and eventually Replika XT.
It's easy if you know how

Is there a way to still get Phasis?

All the links i found are dead.

I enjoyed using solid buss compressor and the reverbs in NI but disliked them not being vst 3 (cubase owner) so I couldn't use any side chains. I often like to high pass the sidechain. It would be nice if they would have at least built that into solid buss even as a vst2. Because of that reason, I typically use another product if I wont that kind of compressor sound, so that I have more flexibility with high pass.
I love Supercharger GT in parallel mode.

I got Komplete 11 last year and totally slept on the effects. Lately I started poking around and there is a lot of great stuff there.
Guitar Rig isn't the best at actual amp modeling, as others have mentioned, but has a lot of other cool stuff onboard and also hosts the Reflektor reverb which is perfectly fine for convolution stuff.
Replika XT is my go to delay and I love it. Supercharger is a hell of a lot of fun.
So much stuff and almost everything is a breeze to use, which is awesome.

aMUSEd wrote:
bmanic wrote:
highkoo wrote:The NI effect I use the most is Transient Master.
Same here! It's absolutely unique sounding and awesome. It's my go-to transient shaper plugin for most things.
Never used it, no idea what I would use it for even.
If you want some drums to have some real supernatural smack to em, it "goes to eleven", if you want it to.
ImageImageImageImage

Stefken wrote:Is there a way to still get Phasis?

You can buy it individually or as part of the mod pack. It was only a limited time freebie and Native Instruments locks down their authorizations so even if you had an installer you'd still need to activate the plugin which means buying it.

how do the classic compressors compare to supercharger ?

robindrieghe wrote:how do the classic compressors compare to supercharger ?
pretty much more transparent in general.

I only got the what came with the standard Komplete bundle, which includes the Solid plugins. I must confess to not using them much as I have emulations from Plugin Alliance, IK Multimedia and Waves, so I didn't really need to.

There other plugins though...

I just upgraded to the three modulation plugins they recently had on offer. So far I've just used Choral, and I'm liking that very much. Especially with their 4 different modes or "sounds" you can select from. I'm eager to put Flair and Phasis to work as well.

The vanilla Replika I thought was great sounding, except it keeps making FCPX freak out every time I open it up, so I event ended up installing it on my new system... yet.

Both Driver and Supercharger I think sound great, except I haven't used them much either. What I also should be spending more time on is Reaktor, start building my own custom effects chains. I just really haven't found time for it, embarrassingly enough.

These are the only ones I can really attest too, since I don't have any of the others. I prefer to just talk about what I DO know, or have experienced. I wouldn't complain about the quality of the NI stuff, they do a very good job at it.

I also bought Komplete, and it took me a while to start using the effects. Now the Vintage compressors are on pretty much every track, with just a few exceptions for the highly digital stuff (e.g. "trance"). Also use the Solid series stuff semi-regularly. Replika is nice, used it on a dub track recently (as well as Bionic Delay).

None of these were even on my radar before I bought Komplete - I was more interested in Kontakt and a couple of the synths - so they might not be underrated so much as under the radar a bit.

I have so far not explored the black hole that is Reaktor very much.

sjm, Reaktor Factory Library has some very interesting filter ensembles for starters.

I'm not going to develop much in terms of chops for builds probably, it's presets with a fair degree of control for me still.

DrReacto wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:06 pm I enjoyed using solid buss compressor and the reverbs in NI but disliked them not being vst 3 (cubase owner) so I couldn't use any side chains. I often like to high pass the sidechain. It would be nice if they would have at least built that into solid buss even as a vst2. Because of that reason, I typically use another product if I wont that kind of compressor sound, so that I have more flexibility with high pass.
there is a workaround for VST2 sidechaining in cubase. i cant remember exactly how it works, but if you do a google search you should find it. if you have trouble finding it let me know and i should be able to help.

Don’t forget the finger! (Actually I always do). Real-time reordering of effects depending on the order triggered... pretty cool.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:57 pm
Stefken wrote:Is there a way to still get Phasis?

You can buy it individually or as part of the mod pack. It was only a limited time freebie and Native Instruments locks down their authorizations so even if you had an installer you'd still need to activate the plugin which means buying it.
It is also available in the Komplete Select 12 bundle now.

parricide wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:20 am
DrReacto wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:06 pm I enjoyed using solid buss compressor and the reverbs in NI but disliked them not being vst 3 (cubase owner) so I couldn't use any side chains. I often like to high pass the sidechain. It would be nice if they would have at least built that into solid buss even as a vst2. Because of that reason, I typically use another product if I wont that kind of compressor sound, so that I have more flexibility with high pass.
there is a workaround for VST2 sidechaining in cubase. i cant remember exactly how it works, but if you do a google search you should find it. if you have trouble finding it let me know and i should be able to help.
Thanks parricide for offering the Cubase work around. However I feel that work around isn't worth the trouble of trying to remember how to create the multiple busses so I often just use the slate virtual bus compressor grey if I need that sound with high pass. If I don't need high pass side chain, then I'm really happy with the NI version.

Return to “Effects”