Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Baron Farg
KVRer

15 posts since 9 Jul, 2017

Postby Baron Farg; Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:31 pm Baron Farg - Nu Centauri [ambient electronica]

A bit ambient, a bit heavy 808s, a bit looped and drone-y...Comments appreciated, cheers

https://soundcloud.com/user-921110957/nu-centauri
experimental.crow
KVRAF

5385 posts since 9 Mar, 2003, from The Druid Hills

Postby experimental.crow; Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:47 pm Re: Baron Farg - Nu Centauri [ambient electronica]

i enjoyed this , for the most part ...

the drone-y , loop-y aspects were supported by some very adept
delay work that caused me to raise an eyebrow , and may have elevated my pulse
by several points ...

the 808-ish things , not so much ...
but that's me , and a question of personal taste ...

overall , a good listen ...
JKillz
KVRist

181 posts since 29 Dec, 2017, from USA

Postby JKillz; Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:43 pm Re: Baron Farg - Nu Centauri [ambient electronica]

This was quite an interesting journey. I was zoning out to it quite easily and had to remind myself that I was listening with the intention to share feedback lol.

Only thing that really stood out is the one sound (almost like a delayed animal call). It runs through the end, it seemed a bit loud and broke me out of the zone, but maybe that is just me haha

Anyways, thanks for sharing!
Baron Farg
KVRer

Postby Baron Farg; Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:17 pm Re: Baron Farg - Nu Centauri [ambient electronica]

Thanks for the feedback!
ChamMusic
KVRian

506 posts since 12 Jun, 2006, from Birmingham, UK

Postby ChamMusic; Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:31 pm Re: Baron Farg - Nu Centauri [ambient electronica]

Effective sound combos in there + just enough development of ideas to keep me interested.

Enjoyed it...I'm nice and chilled now...ready for a good night's sleep! :0)
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music
Allomerus
KVRAF

1913 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Allomerus; Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:03 am Re: Baron Farg - Nu Centauri [ambient electronica]

Listening to this in the evening, it is a great tonic to a busy day!
Lots of cools sounds, it develops nicely...
Well done!
:)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
sjm
KVRAF

1540 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Postby sjm; Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:20 am Re: Baron Farg - Nu Centauri [ambient electronica]

I like this, some very luscious sounds in there. Engaging from the start to the end.

I personally wonder whether the clap isn't too loud/or loud for too long. It seemed a bit dominating/distracting on the first listen.
Voted KVR's resident drunk Robert Smith impersonator (thanks Frantz!)
Baron Farg
KVRer

Postby Baron Farg; Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:20 am Re: Baron Farg - Nu Centauri [ambient electronica]

Thanks again for the comments...
sjm - regarding the clap being too loud, that's a good point. I like the feedback on these forums as I often go and have a cheeky tweak afterwards - which is what I'll do in this case :)
biodiode
KVRist

423 posts since 23 Sep, 2003, from UK

Postby biodiode; Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:31 am Re: Baron Farg - Nu Centauri [ambient electronica]

Been a bit of a hectic day for me. Listening to this track is a nice way to chill out, so you've succeeded there. My only small nitpick is the metallic noise that comes in now and again. It just seems a touch too loud, not much mind you.

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe