Oeksound Spiff released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
spiff

https://oeksound.com/plugins/spiff/

20 day trial from the URL.

spiff is an adaptive transient processor. It has been designed to cut or boost transients with extreme detail. spiff analyses the incoming signal and applies the processing only on the parts of the signal that contain the transient information. This keeps the rest of the signal intact and free from side effects.

By reacting only where and when needed, spiff is capable of attenuating or even removing transient information from a sound. Effective on mouth noises, hard consonants, clicks and pops, it can also be used for example to soften the pick attack from a guitar recording while retaining the top end sheen. Engaging the boost mode turns spiff into a powerful transient enhancer. This allows you to bring elements to the front of a mix without increasing the RMS level, or to boost fundamentals from drums without additional boominess.

A lot of attention was put into making the algorithm accurate, versatile, and yet feel intuitive. spiff operates perfectly with minimal adjusting, and can be left on a track without the need for constant readjustments to compensate for changes in the audio material. At the same time, the clearly laid out parameters and the modern, OpenGL accelerated user interface let you dig into the processing if the material requires it.

Presenting a new way of controlling transients, spiff opens up an infinite number of possibilities for sound manipulation. Even on more extreme settings, spiff retains the original character of the sound, without introducing any nasty artefacts.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

That "Remove mouth clicks" preset looks interesting for voiceover work. Too bad I can't try it... :(
It's easy if you know how

F u c k o f f , i L o k

Needs an "L"

Should be called Spaff!
I've got Spaff all over my mix down :help:

I like their UI's.. Feels like a blend between FabFilter and ValhallaDSP. :tu:

any feedback so far? does it make SPL TD etc. obsolete now? or isnt it comparable?
it seems to have more controls + more jobs it could do.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Heaven sent. Oeksound are fantastic problem solvers. I'm trying so hard to resist that purchase, but I did the same for Soothe and ended up waiting months for one of their rare discounts. This plugin is heaven sent.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

so i wonder!

i thought the CUT and BOOST mode are seperated from each other? it seems you can only use 1 at the time? dont get it yet why it works like that.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Yes, you are either boosting or cutting. Then you choose the frequency zone of the transient you're trying to modify (for example if you make a very big bandpass filter around 2k, it means only the transients around 2k will be affected). Then you finally define the depth of the modification in the left part. This is how you use the plugin. Well, I guess, I haven't read the manual, but have obtained outstanding results this way.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

yeah i didnt read it too ;D i just wanted to test it asap!

so far i dont like the handling!

1. you should be able to boost/cut seperately!
2. listening to bands while rightclicking!
3. changing the q reversed on the mousewheel like all other plugins!

Running them in series makes for a very powerful processor. Here is a demo track with Sonic Charge Mictrotonic (drum machine) - dry, direct output of µTonic and then through these two Spiffs in series.

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/oe ... et/s-vAZcK
Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 4.58.09 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wow, spiff sucks a lot of cpu power...
plexuss wrote:Running them in series makes for a very powerful processor. Here is a demo track with Sonic Charge Mictrotonic (drum machine) - dry, direct output of µTonic and then through these two Spiffs in series.

thx, i like the first one more somehow, it has the minimalistic crunchiness i love. the 2nd is too pumpy for me and looses its identity with the LP filtered sounding upper frequencies.

Caine123 wrote:wow, spiff sucks a lot of cpu power...
plexuss wrote:Running them in series makes for a very powerful processor. Here is a demo track with Sonic Charge Mictrotonic (drum machine) - dry, direct output of µTonic and then through these two Spiffs in series.

thx, i like the first one more somehow, it has the minimalistic crunchiness i love. the 2nd is too pumpy for me and looses its identity with the LP filtered sounding upper frequencies.
It't all subjective. There is no "better". This is more to demonstrate what you can do with Spiff rather than trying to find some golden egg drum sound.

Return to “Effects”