Running commercial audio software on linux

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is IK Multimedia Syntronik in a recent AVLinux and Reaper 7.09
Two instruments are loaded, one showing an editing gui, the other the preset selector. It's simple to layer four parts, with a large collection of synths and sounds, and there is the newer V2. These sounds also integrate nicely with IK's SampleTank. Each instrument can have four effects and a channel strip, so along with the controls of each synths gui, and layering, there are many ways to craft unique sounds.

Syntronik-SY99.jpg
Syntronik-DCO.jpg
Syntronik effects.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Here are Reaktor 6 and Kontakt 6 in a recent AVLinux, Reaper 7.09,
wine-staging 9.0, wrapped by the newest Yabridge. Reaktor has the venerable and delightful Steampipe II modeling ensemble, and Kontakt the RS_HangMelo_V2 hand-pan library.

K6-R6.jpg
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Here's a common amp-sim setup in IK Multimedia's MixBox. The modules are drag-n-drop so it's a breeze to move them around after loading from the ten categories in the menus atop each slot. :hyper:
Running in a recent AVLinux, Reaper 7.09, wine-staging 9.0 and the newest Yabridge.

The SE version with 24 effects and 130 presets is still free at

https://audioplugin.deals/product/mixbo ... ultimedia/

don't know for how long :scared:

MixBox-wine-staging9.0.jpg

It may be an illusion, or perhaps a delusion, but playing Native Instruments Noire piano on my old weighted keys Alesis QS8, brings an aire of reality and wealth to my humble abode. And opening the various controls of it's gui reinforces that.
The rich brown pallette is warming, I think it's one of the great gui designs for a piano plugin. It's very relaxing to have a seat on the bench, find some settings and effects suited for the moment, and just play :hyper:

Noire.jpg

So many great tools for guitarists...this one is IK Multimedia ToneX. Among dozens proclaimed to undoubtably be the best by their respective fans. This one can make use of a fancy pedal that can capture gear (not that mine ever tries to escape :scared: ) This is in Reaper linux 7.09, in a recent AVLinux distro, with wine-staging 9.0 and the newest Yabridge. Some Orange amp and plate reverb, and the strings are quite happy :hyper:

ToneX.jpg

Had some free time and diskspace, so I added a fresh install of IK's SampleTank 4. I manually copied over some content, and the database tool loaded it up on first run in windows Reaper 7.09 in AVLinux. Lots of fine IK pianos and E-pianos, and they each have a nice effects chain, easy to mod for personal taste. Will be fun mixing/matching them in layers for new sounds. I also enjoy finger-drumming the many percussion loops.

database-build.jpg
SampleTank4.jpg

Here's a little loop, two keyboards and perc as seen in the pic:
loopityloop.jpg
st4ep128bit.mp3.zip

This is an Engle amp in Tonex, with a nice diffusion delay from Replika, and GX Tremolo
helping form a delightful movement of the energetic tone :love:

TonexReplikaGX-Tremolo.jpg

I love this combo, an Amplitube 4 amp, the three models in IK's FullTone Collection, distortion, chorus and delay, routed to NI's Replika with a diffuse ambient reverb/delay setting. :party:

A4-Tercs-Replika.jpg

BlueCat Axiom and IK Amplitube...aka geeetarrrr haaaawwwwwwgggggggg heaven!!!

Axiom-Amplitube.jpg

The now free Spectral Plugin, eh, plugins:

Happy to report they work fine in UbuntuStudio with Yabridge. Had to use my secondary Wine prefix with the dxvk fix as GUIs don't update using the default one. GUI resizing works fine too.
Screenshot_20240403_132310.png

With the release of the new ToneX One Mini pedal, I thought I'd fire up the IK's ToneX software in AVLinux, in case enough spear-catchers test the hardware, and convince me to buy one. :scared:
The software already sounds great, and the pedal could even mount on my practice-beater guitar :hyper:

ToneX-Replika.jpg

https://youtu.be/MjqjzNILoLY

(and yes, Danish Pete needs to get a new PR rep and tone down the cheesy photo releases...)

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”