Battery 4 sucks in 2018?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Battery

Hey ho,

Because of a special offer i give Battery 4 a try. I do not understand why i should spend 100 bucks for an ,,outdated´´ Programm. I don´t find good Videos about Battery 4 or wow effect on working with it.

am i wrong? Did i miss something or is Battery out to date?

Why is it out of date? What doesn't it do that you want it to do? If there is something that does do what battery doesn't, that you want it to...you have already answered your own question...YOU shouldn't spend your bucks on it.

It's a drum sampler. And it does play back sampled drums. :shrug:

You might have a look at wavealchemy. They are a reference where drums are concerned.

Revolution is 50 % until april 20.

https://www.wavealchemy.co.uk/revolution/pid179/

The changes they are making to Evolution will also find their way to Revolution.

What makes you think that Battery is outdated?

chk071 wrote:And it does play back sampled drums. :shrug:
And basically this is all what it does.

It has some built-in effects which are nice but not that special (I believe at least some of them are avaliable separately at NI) and comes with a library which mostly contains various weird lo-fi one-shots.

I've got it as a part of Komplete and have used it maybe a couple of times to add some secondary percussion line or something, just because I have it. TBH unless I'm missing something important, I don't think it has any advantage over any basic drum sampler which I think may be found in most DAWs.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: It has some built-in effects which are nice but not that special (I believe at least some of them are avaliable separately at NI) and comes with a library which mostly contains various weird lo-fi one-shots.
That was also the feeling i had from most of the sound pack's sound demos, and why i finally passed on Battery, with the current sale. The Vengeance packs seem much better in comparison.

I used to use Battery 3 all the time. Then v4 appeared and I don't use that at all. There is some depth to it. You can load REX loops etc. It's a full featured package (a drum studio) and there are some good videos on YouTube. I think they dumped a lot of acoustic kits in v4 and tried to make it more dance music orientated.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

It came with Komplete. I use it for some tracks. I like it.

YMMV.

I really liked Groove Agent SE4 in Cubase. Probably would have no use for Battery, unless the library would be super great now, but, i doubt it is.

Battery is superb. It's in every track of mine without fail.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Aloysius wrote:I used to use Battery 3 all the time. Then v4 appeared and I don't use that at all. There is some depth to it. You can load REX loops etc. It's a full featured package (a drum studio) and there are some good videos on YouTube. I think they dumped a lot of acoustic kits in v4 and tried to make it more dance music orientated.
Pretty similar to my story.

Always used version V3, especially the acoustic stuff. I prefer the V3 way of organising the kits, which allowed for a much more diverse set of hits in most of the kits. In V4 they've set variations of a similar theme, with limited dance-orientated hits, in similar patterns, across each octave. This obviously makes it easier to audition and swap out different hits for your latest dance banger, but that's not really my style. I also really wished they'd been bothered to set up templates/matched presets for those who owned bother V3 and V4, so we could unify everything under one interface.

Having said all that, I think the library is really good...as is V3's library. I always find stuff of interest to play around with :tu:

I really like Battery. As someone who likes to build patterns in the DAW and fine tune a kit, I find it has a great workflow. At first look, the reworked Maschine expansions also seem to offer better quality over the factory set. Would be great if they added some Maschine stuff like the drum synths....who knows perhaps Battery 5 is round the corner. One advantage I find it has over advanced Kontakt drum solutions is it's lighter on the CPU.

I too think it has a great library, and its pretty quick to work with with the effects and editing tools. But it's always only been half a program to me, I've long wished for it to have a great rhythm engine. Battery 5 maybe, but I really thought that would come with Battery 4.

I think there's a potential overlap into Maschine territory if they built it too much more. In fact, that's another thing I've expected for years that has never arrived - Maschine Player. Have no interest in the hardware, but I'd find a software-only version interesting.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Stefken wrote:You might have a look at wavealchemy. They are a reference where drums are concerned.

Revolution is 50 % until april 20.

https://www.wavealchemy.co.uk/revolution/pid179/

The changes they are making to Evolution will also find their way to Revolution.
Oo, thanks for that. In fact, I liked the Evolution more. I will wait for the same discount for Evolution.

Return to “Instruments”