Musicians who perform solo

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
I'm playing psyche pop and I'd like to have a solo set. I play guitar and I sing, I'd like to have some electronic material as well such as drum/synth/bass. I'm looking for solo artists who perform their music using loops or electronic music, such as Grimes or Andrew Bird so I can get inspiration for the set up and the performance.

One option you have is to set up a backing track in your DAW choice and have it play while you perform. I believe it's a fairly common method.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

I think Ed Sheeran does one man shows, using loopers and other gizmos. He plays stadiums like that! Must save a fortune on overhead.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Thanks for the answers, AsPeeXXXVIII I'm considering this option but I'm not sure if I'd feel confortable playing on a backing track, I feel like it's cheating a little bit, even though famous artist do it. Bombadil I'm going to look at ed sheeran shows then, my main question is how do they do it for a one hour show, I find it really interesting and incredible how it doesn't get boring since it's difficult to change the harmony in arrangements with looping.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”