DPC latency better with AMD graphic cards (3 card comparison)

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After updating to NVIDIA Game Ready Driver 461.09 or newer, some desktop apps
may flicker or stutter when resizing the window on some PC configurations.
(Higher latency)
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers ... a_id/5157/
The fix https://nvidia.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/ ... isable.reg

Cool thank you

Kudos, thanks for sharing. I like nvidia for gaming, it's such a nice smooth journey (I beat the first vault in borderlands 3, purchased rage 2 and am beating the first rage by bethesda, highly recommended fps, like fallout with no pip boy lolz ) but not well suited to video or for OBS/daw's for instance. I find I have better luck not using cuda or nvenc while making vids. The less the card has to think about - The better haha :).

Oh, and no luck with webcams, too much moiring and shimmers / grain. Upgrading to a c920s I just purchased on ebay at a fair price.

This is a CMD file to check and fix the File System and Operational System Integrity.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jMMK8i ... sp=sharing
Run it as admin, it is from Windows 11 Tweaks, Fixes and Modifications [Overview]

@echo off
date /t & time /t
echo ...
date /t & time /t
echo Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /Scanhealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /Scanhealth
date /t & time /t
echo Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
echo ...
date /t & time /t
echo SFC /scannow
SFC /scannow
date /t & time /t

reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU" /f
reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon" /v Shell /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon" /v Shell /d "explorer.exe" /f

echo y|chkdsk c: /b

shutdown /r /f /t 0

The Microsoft Interrupt Affinity Tool can also helps, check here

I got myself an RX 6600, so here are 2 screenshots.

First one is unoptimized, 2nd is optimized. Nothing fancy, I installed driver only, disabled a couple of AMD services (AMD Crash Defender Service, AMD External Events Utility), and I think that was it.

(Do not disable AMD External Events Utility if you are using FreeSync)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's easy if you know how

Yes the Microsoft Interrupt Affinity Tool is very useful. I think I could finally optimise my PC. It is a Ryzen 5800X with nVidia RTX 3070.
I have Cubase 12, Live 11, Reason 12 and Studio One 6 (also Reaper 6) installed on my PC and the same + Logic Pro installed on my M1 mini Mac (which doesn't have a problem in latency or drops or whatsoever).

However, for my PC I installed the Studio version of nVidia driver (clean install option), just the driver. Then run the Affinity Tool (adminstrator) and then checked CPU 4 and 5 while I checked for my audio interface (Tascam) CPU 6 and 7. Then rebooted and run some tests with LatencyMonitor (I run the DAW first and load a project, but didn't play it, and then run the LatencyMonitor). These are the results:
Cubase
LatencyMonitor-Cubase.jpg
Live
LatencyMonitor-Live.jpg
Reason
LatencyMonitor-Reason.jpg
StudioOne
LatencyMonitor-StudioOne.jpg
I'm glad that Cubase and Reason are running without a problem because those are my current DAWs.
I might sell the others as I can't use them in Windows especially Ableton Live! What a disappointment!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EnGee wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:01 am Yes the Microsoft Interrupt Affinity Tool is very useful. I think I could finally optimise my PC. It is a Ryzen 5800X with nVidia RTX 3070.
I have Cubase 12, Live 11, Reason 12 and Studio One 6 (also Reaper 6) installed on my PC and the same + Logic Pro installed on my M1 mini Mac (which doesn't have a problem in latency or drops or whatsoever).

However, for my PC I installed the Studio version of nVidia driver (clean install option), just the driver. Then run the Affinity Tool (adminstrator) and then checked CPU 4 and 5 while I checked for my audio interface (Tascam) CPU 6 and 7. Then rebooted and run some tests with LatencyMonitor (I run the DAW first and load a project, but didn't play it, and then run the LatencyMonitor). These are the results:
Cubase
LatencyMonitor-Cubase.jpg

Live
LatencyMonitor-Live.jpg

Reason
LatencyMonitor-Reason.jpg

StudioOne
LatencyMonitor-StudioOne.jpg

I'm glad that Cubase and Reason are running without a problem because those are my current DAWs.
I might sell the others as I can't use them in Windows especially Ableton Live! What a disappointment!
You did go into the NVIDIA Driver and set Power Management Mode to "Prefer Maximum Performance", right? I actually had the DPC Latency issue crop up between Windows installs, wrangling NVIDIA and some hard drive drivers got me set well now. You should be able to sort things out and not abandon DAWs over it, I'm running Bitwig/Reason/MPC/FL without issues now after some headache inducing search-engine mania and adjusting drivers/settings.

narot23 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:16 pm
You did go into the NVIDIA Driver and set Power Management Mode to "Prefer Maximum Performance", right? I actually had the DPC Latency issue crop up between Windows installs, wrangling NVIDIA and some hard drive drivers got me set well now. You should be able to sort things out and not abandon DAWs over it, I'm running Bitwig/Reason/MPC/FL without issues now after some headache inducing search-engine mania and adjusting drivers/settings.
No I didn't! Thank you for that!

All the DAWs run great now! :)

EnGee wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:33 pm
narot23 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:16 pm
No I didn't! Thank you for that!

All the DAWs run great now! :)
Rock solid man. I had a ton of headaches with this myself a few months ago, unbelievable but that's the solution. Glad to hear you're up and running!

The strange thing is why those DAWs run much better on the M1 Mac than a PC with much better graphics card on default settings?!

Anyway, it feels like the pre Cubase 7 era for me now! It has been many years that I didn't enjoy Cubase on my PC!

Thanks again :hug:

I fixed my Nvidea latency problems by running Lasso (https://bitsum.com/) and setting highest priority to my soundcard.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:50 am I fixed my Nvidea latency problems by running Lasso (https://bitsum.com/) and setting highest priority to my soundcard.
This is a very useful. Thanks for sharing :)

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”