The Mangle (SoundGuru), is it still alive ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

simmo75 wrote:I got the email tonight.
Any bets on whether the update happens?
Don't hold your breath

Another member of the absent email group here :(

I stopped short of buying this quite a few times due to it's apparent end-of-life state.

I happen to think the program is fine as it is, but my major concern was compatibility updates (A pretty major concern for Mac users). This contact is encouraging in that I believe even if he never gets to update the features, he will still manage to keep the compatibility intact :tu:

As always, I might be wrong :shrug:

Still no email despite me actually contacting him just last week

No email here

I got an e-mail yesterday. As expected, the poor guy is overloaded by his day job, but downloads are once again possible. Also, he is working on a new version, without guarantee when it will be finished.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

simmo75 wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
mutantdog wrote:It'll probably take him another 6 months to get the links sent out to everyone. :ud:
The links are in the email he sent.
Which wasn't sent to everyone
Can confirm that i've not received an email.
I got it this morning.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

wagtunes wrote:It's still being sold but it is no longer being developed and the dev has basically gone fishing.

The VST however is very stable and excellent. I highly recommend it as long as you can live with it being what it is because that's all you're going to get. For me, it's still the best granular VST out there. Nothing else, IMO, comes close.

Here's a demo you can listen to.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... 50-samples

I also made 50 patches freely available that you can download below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aiiro3jovo1ka ... p.zip?dl=0
Nice little demos, WAG.

Russell Grand wrote:
wagtunes wrote:It's still being sold but it is no longer being developed and the dev has basically gone fishing.

The VST however is very stable and excellent. I highly recommend it as long as you can live with it being what it is because that's all you're going to get. For me, it's still the best granular VST out there. Nothing else, IMO, comes close.

Here's a demo you can listen to.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... 50-samples

I also made 50 patches freely available that you can download below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aiiro3jovo1ka ... p.zip?dl=0
Nice little demos, WAG.
Thanks. It is still my favorite granular. Better than Falcon, better than HALion 6 and 10,000 times better than that joke of a granular they put in Omnisphere.

It's a shame this wasn't made by a big company. But then maybe it wouldn't have been as great as it is.

Not surprisingly, it's one of my best selling libraries.

wagtunes wrote:
Thanks. It is still my favorite granular. Better than Falcon, better than HALion 6
Not sure everyone will agree on that... Ask Sampleconstruct! :hihi:

Neon Breath wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Thanks. It is still my favorite granular. Better than Falcon, better than HALion 6
Not sure everyone will agree on that... Ask Sampleconstruct! :hihi:
I'm sure a lot of people won't agree. I'm also sure a lot of people do agree. Either way, it's about as meaningful as a rock on Pluto.

Padshop Pro is the best, obviously. I own it. It has to be the best.

chk071 wrote:Padshop Pro is the best, obviously. I own it. It has to be the best.
I have Padshop Pro. I like it. But it doesn't have all the functionality of The Mangle. That is an actual fact. The Mangle can do things that Padshop Pro can't do. Now, whether or not one likes the sound of one better than the other, that's all opinion. But I can't do in Padshop Pro what I can do in The Mangle.

Sure, fair enough. I have no idea anyway, just kidding around a bit. ;)

By "beauty" of granules mixing\smearing (standard result of sound during increased amount of grains with short lengths, and perhaps with slightli increased random distribution, and without any internal fx, ie most common setting for use) i would say that Ircam (Falcon) algorithm better than Mangle and Padshop. But matter of taste of course.
Though i very appreciate and this two as well, quality tools.
Though Ircam more cpu hungry.

Return to “Instruments”