SJ Orchestral soundfont (70MB) available

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:D Thanks these are great. Also thanks for the help with the download. These work great in vsamp !

Please note, the file is now only available from this site (but only for a short time)

http://www.groovecell.com/music/SF/sjo.rar

Cheers.

Thank You for helping me save money. I was just thinking about classical sounds in sf2 format. :D

FWIW, I have just been converting some of the sounds with Kontakt, and while I find some to be not that convincing (but that's even the same with quite some commercial libs), others are just great!
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

only thing I dont really like about this set is some of the instruments are fixed in an odd panning position.. I wish they wouldnt have done that.

VitaminD wrote:only thing I dont really like about this set is some of the instruments are fixed in an odd panning position.. I wish they wouldnt have done that.
That's why using a real sampler to play them is no bad idea...

Late to the party, but damn glad I came!

Thanks, Kriminal!

Very nice. 8)

Thanks so much for that guys - worth it for "Strings Gliss" alone! great stuff :)

Sascha Franck wrote:
VitaminD wrote:only thing I dont really like about this set is some of the instruments are fixed in an odd panning position.. I wish they wouldnt have done that.
That's why using a real sampler to play them is no bad idea...
what is a real sampler vs. a fake sampler? ermm basically what I'm asking is 'what you talkin bout?'

I am a fake sampler. I hear samples and I try to imitate them into the microphone. Mostly I sound like someone going "Waaaoooowheeee" and stuff.

Gotta say,

Real samplers sound better.

Greg

VitaminD wrote: what is a real sampler vs. a fake sampler? ermm basically what I'm asking is 'what you talkin bout?'
In a real sampler (as opposed to something being a playback machine only) you can just fix your panning issues easily - unless the samples are recorded WAY panned which rarely is the case).

Fantastic soundfont guys, incredibly generous of you to make it free. Now all some Synth Edit guru has to do is put it in a nice GUI, with simple sliders to sort out panning etc... :D

Seriously though, what a cool little ROMpler it would make. The sounds are excellent.

I always get scared that I'll end up using a free soundfont or loop in a piece that actually gets sold and get pinched for it because the content maker used samples from a commercial product. Unfounded fear, I know (paranoid me!) :? but the choirs and that gliss sure do make me drool! :shock:

Thanks for making this available,

Toonyfish

Toonyfish wrote:I always get scared that I'll end up using a free soundfont or loop in a piece that actually gets sold and get pinched for it because the content maker used samples from a commercial product. Unfounded fear, I know (paranoid me!) :? but the choirs and that gliss sure do make me drool! :shock:

Thanks for making this available,

Toonyfish
awww damn, never thought of that. paranoia beats getting busted any day.
Thanks,

Bigg John
FREE Loops @ http://www.looplibrary.com

Then link doesn't seem to work, please don't tell me it's too late!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”