Zynaptiq SUBSPACE, new reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Subspace

zynaptiq wrote:You're absolutely welcome, glad that you're enjoying it!
nordickvr wrote:Just would like to know about a request made some time ago.
Its re: Adaptiverb’s Snapshots.
Would it be possible to have, say 12 instead of 5?
Best!
More snapshots for AV are technically not a big deal, and yes, we have those on our list. The trickiest thing about that is to make space for them in the UI...still trying to figure that one out. You know, I'd like to keep the look as cool as it is when adding stuff, so I will have to move some other stuff around, adapt graphics etc. I'll figure something out.

More generally speaking, we'll be circling back to – amongst others – ADAPTIVERB as soon as we have the ORANGE VOCODER IV out – which is QUITE the beast in terms of new UI functionality we have to test/optimize, and in terms of parameters (last count was somewhere around 200 (!!)). It's also very time-consuming to create this plugin as it's just so much fun that we keep getting distracted just playing with it :-)

The next already planned and MUCH requested feature is a lock button for the dry/wet mix, LIVE mode and PREVIEW mode (basically: for all the stuff that you do NOT want to change when stepping through presets) – this one is pretty clear and straight forward, we're using lock functionality all over the place in ORANGE VOCODER IV.

Cheers,
Denis
Sounds good!

I wanted to hijack the topic a bit and ask: do you have any plans on improving the latency of WORMHOLE for better real-time usage?

I've got to ask, as it hasn't been yet, but the wet/dry on this SUBSPACE seems to empty out the reverb 'room' on any adjustment; is it possible the wet/dry on this device is more than just a mix between the unprocessed and processed signals?

Does the wet/dry setting affect the reverb algorithm?

cheers :)

This reverb intrigues me, not least since it is so short on controls. I recall my h/w spring reverb, with just ONE knob. :)

Before installing, I wonder about its sound. I currently use the TAL Reverb-2 as my main reverb for vocals, and my host's reverb for instruments. I mainly do Depeche Mode-ish eighties-influenced music. How would I benefit from this reverb, for example, is it better on vocals than the TAL reverb?
Last edited by SparkySpark on Thu May 31, 2018 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

dry/wet is buggy. doesn't sound like normal behavior in any way. i've just put it on some tracks i'm working on but none of the presets fit the audio. i absolutely miss at least some minor controls to tweak it else it is useless to me.

Great sounding reverb, BIG thanks!

Fleer wrote:It’s a taste of Adaptiverb, sheer divinity.
Agreed.

It's good to see many people coming around on this, it really is an excellent freebie.

Primo quality reverb, and free.
Now that's something special.

zynaptiq wrote:Hey guys,

we do indeed currently provide a reverb plugin to our newsletter subscribers, free of charge.

It is streamlined to the max - no controls. Why? Because it sounds great without tweaking.
If you think a reverb can not be good if it doesn't have a gazillion sliders then...well...I guess it's not for you then.

Plus, of course, you can buy a more elaborate reverb from us at any time.

The "blank email" thing is NOT how it's supposed to work. That method is for existing subscribers and was emailed to them privately. We'll be cleaning up these incomplete transactions after a while I'd guess...

If you want to use the reverb and had NOT previously subscribed to our newsletter – you can go the official route and subscribe to our newsletter easily whenever you download a trial or register a purchased plugin :-)

Best,
denis @zynaptiq
Downloaded it yesterday, installed it this morning. Threw it on my vocal using preset B. It was exactly what was needed. Nice!

What a crappy UI though! :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Just a note to Zynaptic that "Activate SUBSPACE.exe" is tripping off Avira Antivirus (Windows 10) which wants to quarantine it. It detects the "TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen" trojan virus in the file. Obviously a false positive. Can this be remedied?

CinningBao wrote:I've got to ask, as it hasn't been yet, but the wet/dry on this SUBSPACE seems to empty out the reverb 'room' on any adjustment; is it possible the wet/dry on this device is more than just a mix between the unprocessed and processed signals?

Does the wet/dry setting affect the reverb algorithm?

cheers :)
Great question! Who is this user?.. oh it's me.

I'd still like to understand why the reverb space empties out when adjusting the wet/dry.

I really would. Denis?

MogwaiBoy wrote:Just a note to Zynaptic that "Activate SUBSPACE.exe" is tripping off Avira Antivirus (Windows 10) which wants to quarantine it. It detects the "TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen" trojan virus in the file. Obviously a false positive. Can this be remedied?
The long-term remedy is probably to get rid of Avira. I used it for years but eventually got tired of it always flagging files with generic detections like that.

Not sure what's good out there these days. I remember Avast was less trigger-happy with false positives but it nagged a lot. Kaspersky have a free version now so maybe that? I'm on Windows 10 so I just use the built-in Windows Defender. It's not the fastest, but it's unobtrusive which suits me after years of using free solutions.
Image Image Image Image

zynaptiq wrote:Ooookay. By popular demand, there's now a "download" form directly on the SUBSPACE page that allows you to register for the newsletter while requesting the download for the plugin that you'll get when you register for the...erm...wait.... :ud: ..you get the idea :D

https://www.zynaptiq.com/subspace/subspace-downloads/
Returns:
Access denied.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit:
now it works, .

This reverb is awesome! Lush, full and and... all other positive words.

These presets may work for full track: A and B for Drums, C and D for instruments and pads.
What I like the most is that this reverb do what others can't do well: I can push it to make sounds bigger and fuller while both dry and wet signal merge as one body. For most plugin reverbs it's dry signal + noisy reverb that must be kept on low level to avoid mess.

I remember testing Adaptiverb but I felt overwhelmed by all these parameters and new concepts (I know I should spend more time read and test but I'm old and grumpy so I didn't ;) ) and eat CPU like cookies. I think that something between big brother and this freebie could be on sweet spot.
Anyway I think that Zynaptiq did a great job with their plugins and this freebie is a generous gift. Thank you!

CinningBao wrote: I'd still like to understand why the reverb space empties out when adjusting the wet/dry.
What do you mean with "empties out"? Do you mean that the wet component fades out, and then comes back at the new level when you stop dragging?
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

Return to “Effects”