Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

we have a new 'latest build' version of Hive available.
While this is still a beta, we think it is stable enough to use.

Hive 1.1 revision 7485 Win
Hive 1.1 revision 7485 Mac

This version (revision 7485) includes support for macOS High Sierra, so the 'unsorted presets' bug is gone.

It also adds our new preset browser to Hive, and VST3 support, as well as MicroTuning and some more.

There are also some pretty cool enhancements to the mod matrix included.
Modulation slots can now modulate the modulation depth of each other, or even its own.
And if you right-click on a modulation target slot, there are some new mod matrix modifiers appearing in the menu:
Curve, Quantize, and Polarity
Those are available for each modulation target, adding enormous potential for creative new sounds (and, not to forget, endless fun).

We hope you enjoy this little update along the way to Hive 1.2, which still takes a bit of time, but will then also add NKS support to Hive.

Changelog for Hive 1.1, revision 7485 (changes since rev. 3898):

New features and improvements:

* New Preset Browser
* New feature: ModMatrix modifiers
* New feature: ModMatrix cross modulation
* Added MicroTuning support
* Added VST3 support
* Presets are tagged now
* Pitchbend range is now +/−48
* New user defined MIDI CC sources replace fixed expression and breath modulation
* Reveal in Finder/Explorer function available for module presets
* Plug-in format and OS version info visible in GUI
* Mouseover shows parameter values in Data Display
* GUI performance improvements on Windows
* Init preset can be loaded from Data Display
* Increased maximum number of skins from 10 to 20
* Improved handling of 14bit MIDI CC assignment
* Added UTF-8 support for registration names
* Windows installer now certified
* MacOS High Sierra compatibility

Bug fixes:

* Fixed unsorted folders and presets when using APFS file system in macOS High Sierra
* Fixed possible crash in Cubase when selecting presets (Mac OS X only)
* Fixed an issue where long preset names could extend outside the Data Display or Preset Browser window
* Fixed an issue in sequencer, which, if 'dynamic velocity' was active, could produce notes with zero velocity
* Fixed zipper noises when turning/modulating distortion parameters
* Fixed an issue where clicks could occur during the first few notes played
* Fixed an issue where envelope sustain could overshoot and create loud clicks
* Fixed an issue where link button was reactivating itself when switching skins
* Fixed multiple issues in connection with symlinks
* Various small fixes and improvements

Known issues & notes:

* Crash when trying to load script presets (e.g. Randomizer)
* Reopening GUI resets the scrollbar in the preset browser
* Some of the bug-fixes might cause slight sound changes
* Turning the graphical MW/PW via mouse only works if MIDI channel is set to 1
* NKS support not integrated yet (save as nksf is available, but please don't use it yet)
* Version number still says 1.1, that's ok - will be upped to 1.2 later
* MicroTuning: using 'reveal in finder/explorer' without a loaded preset will open wrong folder
* MicroTuning on/off switch not MIDI-learnable yet
* Preset tagging is still work in progress, so the current state is not final

IMPORTANT: Due to the new preset browser, it is important to install the update into the same location as the previous version, and to make sure to select all previously installed plugin formats during installation. Alternatively, you can remove the old installation, and start over with a fresh installation. But it is crucial to not mix old (3898) and new (7485) plugins, since the old versions can not cope with the new preset browser, and will crash (or show a blank GUI) if you try to load them.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Some additional facts about the roadmap for an official release of Hive 1.2:
  • final tagging of 2700+ presets
  • we're adding NKS support
  • addition of macro controls in hexagon
  • More Waveforms
  • possibly one of the new skins we were working on
^^ this is what we're gonna work on in the next few weeks!

Stay tuned,

- U

Thanks Urs et. al..
rsp
sound sculptist

Hi Urs

What is the modmatrix cross modulation? Is it like a hard sync on an oscillator?

surreal wrote:Hi Urs

What is the modmatrix cross modulation? Is it like a hard sync on an oscillator?
One ModMatrix entry can control the depth/via of another.

One entry can even modulate the one above or below itself.

Circular modulations are possible up to 4 levels of recursion (A modulates B modulates C modulates D modulates A).

Expect crazy results :)

Oh this is so nice! But something bothers me a bit:

Does this will stand till official release?

and i found a bug, just tried loading init preset from data screen and this popped up :) but later on it didnt, dunno what was the reason :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

also i checked other skins i had installed and it seems they are working well with the new browser (except no microtuning). But this made a question pop up, why did you changed browser background? blue was perfect imo :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ouch my eyes they're burning!

Elektronisch wrote:Oh this is so nice! But something bothers me a bit:

Don't worry, these are all "wanted" sound changes.
E.g. some of the bugs we fixed were causing nasty clicks. Those clicks are gone now = sound change.
Or see the problem with the dynamic velocity. This could produce silent notes when played with very low velocity values. Now it sounds as intended.
There are no 'bad' sound changes which would make your presets sound worse, or weird in any way (unless, of course, you choose to load the AU version into Ableton Live 10.0.2). :hihi:
That QA guy from planet u-he.

EvilDragon wrote:Ouch my eyes they're burning!
Red indeed does, but blue is kind of relaxing :)

tasmaniandevil wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:Oh this is so nice! But something bothers me a bit:

Don't worry, these are all "wanted" sound changes.
E.g. some of the bugs we fixed were causing nasty clicks. Those clicks are gone now = sound change.
Or see the problem with the dynamic velocity. This could produce silent notes when played with very low velocity values. Now it sounds as intended.
There are no 'bad' sound changes which would make your presets sound worse, or weird in any way (unless, of course, you choose to load the AU version into Ableton Live 10.0.2). :hihi:
This is comforting :D

Urs wrote:
surreal wrote:Hi Urs

One ModMatrix entry can control the depth/via of another.

One entry can even modulate the one above or below itself.

Circular modulations are possible up to 4 levels of recursion (A modulates B modulates C modulates D modulates A).

Expect crazy results :)
Wowa chihuahua! I gotta check this out. :D And more waveforms coming in 1.2 hehe.....hehehehehe. :hyper:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

* Init preset can be loaded from Data Display

Apeareantly you can only from local folder because there is init preset? :) i tried with other folders, no init.

* New feature: ModMatrix cross modulation

can some one of Uhe give some explaination how that works ? :) it doesnt do anything for me, possibly im doing it wrong :)

Return to “u-he”